Good luck, Salzburg... we can't afford the Olympics

The State of Alberta

Jul 1, 2003, 9:32:41 PM7/1/03

"Karen Gordon" <ar...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message
news:bdtc6f$mfm$1...@freenet9.carleton.ca...
> Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games. We, in British
> Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games. Our government has
> taken the very food out of the mouths of children and medicines from the
> elderly to put dollars toward the Olympic Games.
>
> Please do us all in Canada a favour and take the 2010 Games for your own.
> We cannot afford them. We do not want them.

For once I agree with you.

Projest..overkill

Jul 1, 2003, 10:39:06 PM7/1/03

Gee the Liberals did that and so did the NDP, when they made cuts, your an
idiot KKK. Get a real life you twit feminiazi

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Draft dodgers shouldn't start wars.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disgusted

Jul 1, 2003, 11:38:56 PM7/1/03
And visitors to Salzburg will not run the risks of contracting SARS,
AIDS, West Nile Virus, Mad Cow Disease or any of the other foulnesses
prevalent in Vancouver, Canada.

Even the leader of the B.C. Government went to Hawaii just to get
drunk,driving!!

On 2 Jul 2003 01:23:27 GMT, ar...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Karen Gordon)

Helmut Wabnig

Jul 2, 2003, 3:10:58 AM7/2/03
wrote:

>Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games. We, in British
>Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games. Our government has
>taken the very food out of the mouths of children and medicines from the
>elderly to put dollars toward the Olympic Games.
>
>Please do us all in Canada a favour and take the 2010 Games for your own.
>We cannot afford them. We do not want them.

Hmm. We don't want them either. Fuck Olympia.

OTOH,
Salzburg is the Ever_ Rain_ City, it always rains there.
Image athleths with umbrellas.

w.
--
soc.culture.austria answering service
proposals and complaints to:

Robert

Jul 2, 2003, 12:28:54 PM7/2/03
Karen Gordon wrote:

> Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games. We, in British
> Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games. Our government has
> taken the very food out of the mouths of children and medicines from the
> elderly to put dollars toward the Olympic Games.
>
> Please do us all in Canada a favour and take the 2010 Games for your own.
> We cannot afford them. We do not want them.

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Draft dodgers shouldn't start wars.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Dear Canadiens

There was no chance to help you.
--

mfg

Robert

Ken McVay

Jul 2, 2003, 1:17:03 PM7/2/03
"Disgusted" <gros...@nowhere.net> wrote in message

> And visitors to Salzburg will not run the risks of contracting SARS,
> AIDS, West Nile Virus, Mad Grosvenor Disease or any of the other
foulnesses
> prevalent in Edmonton.
>
>http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/g/grosvenor-william

Nice link, Bill.

Bullock

Jul 2, 2003, 4:16:07 PM7/2/03

"Mad Cow" <ar...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

> Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games. We, in British
> Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games. Our government has
> taken the very food out of the mouths of children and medicines from the
> elderly to put dollars toward the Olympic Games.
>
> Please do us all in Canada a favour and take the 2010 Games for your own.
> We cannot afford them. We do not want them.

Who the hell is "we" bitch ??? You love polls when they suit YOUR needs.
Most people are quite happy to take these games on, why don't you mention
this? Oh.. sorry ... I forgot... it's because you're a BITCH !!!

Shel Scott

Jul 3, 2003, 8:31:30 PM7/3/03
ar...@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Karen Gordon) wrote:
>Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games.
>We, in British Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games.

Once again the demented freak KKK Gordon presumes to speak for others.

But, that's nothing; Adriane Carr (certified "anti-normalcy" loon) and
Chris Shaw (who actually wrote a letter to the IOC claiming to speak
for all of BC in opposing the games) are claiming now they will in
effect audit the games and will make sure "we have the very best games
possible" (quoted in the Province July 3, P14).

Maybe these two are planning to steal political credit for a
successful games, despite their ongoing pigheaded opposition to those
very games. They are voices to be ignored.
--
): "I may make you feel, but I can't make you think" :(
(: Off the monitor, through the modem, nothing but net :)

Thinker

Jul 4, 2003, 5:44:23 PM7/4/03
The taxpayer will look forward to making a VERY large contribution to these
games. Important services are being cut all across the country. Medicare is
in its death throes. And they can find several million dollars to do a 20
minute propaganda spiel on an effort to attract the games. The tickets will
be sold through brokers and the local people will not be able to afford to
go the games anyway.
The Canadian way!

"Shel Scott" <WellDone> wrote in message

Mark Slackmeyer

Jul 4, 2003, 6:07:30 PM7/4/03

"Thinker" <th...@spamy.com> wrote in message

> The taxpayer will look forward to making a VERY large contribution to
these
> games. Important services are being cut all across the country. Medicare
is
> in its death throes. And they can find several million dollars to do a 20
> minute propaganda spiel on an effort to attract the games. The tickets
will
> be sold through brokers and the local people will not be able to afford to
> go the games anyway.
> The Canadian way!

Boy are you a fuckwit. That's the way tickets for all Olympic games are
distributed. I'm sure the local people will do fine by renting their
homes and subletting their apartments to foreigner's at inflated rates for
the 2 weeks, plus do well in the service and construction industry.

Please come back when you have a coherent argument, you welfare case.

Carter Lee

Jul 4, 2003, 6:13:42 PM7/4/03
Thinker wrote:

> The taxpayer will look forward to making a VERY large contribution to these
> games. Important services are being cut all across the country. Medicare is
> in its death throes. And they can find several million dollars to do a 20
> minute propaganda spiel on an effort to attract the games. The tickets will
> be sold through brokers and the local people will not be able to afford to
> go the games anyway.
> The Canadian way!

Actually what you describe is not the Canadian way. The Canadian way is
to recognize the value of the olympics from a cultural perspective and
to participate. It is also to recognize the return that is likely on
any investment made. The financial investment alone can produce a
tenfold return. Imagine what that can do for 'important services' and
medicare.

Carter

Mike Wilcox

Jul 4, 2003, 8:18:52 PM7/4/03
Carter Lee wrote:

As far as I know the only one that made any net gains was in Calgary, even there
new infrastructure isn't any good if you don't maintain funding to maintain it.

Mike Wilcox

Carter Lee

Jul 4, 2003, 8:40:42 PM7/4/03

What were the gains as a percentage of investments?

even there
> new infrastructure isn't any good if you don't maintain funding to maintain it.

Big IF.

Carter

news

Jul 5, 2003, 3:05:47 AM7/5/03
The only one that made net gains was Calgary... well, that would be 50% of
them, one of two, and the only winter games. So winter games are 1-for-1 so
far.

You have to spend money to make money. B.C.'s economy sucked (worst
unemployment rate in the COUNTRY - yes, that includes all of atlantic
canada) leading up to Expo '86. And that same economy started getting it
into gear until at least the mid-90's.

The increased tourism, likelyhood of international sporting events (like
the bobsleigh) on constructed facilities, etc, should easily break even and
probably go beyond, but it will take a few years. Calgary, and Alberta on
the whole, aren't exactly hurting nowadays after having hosted the '88
games.

"Mike Wilcox" <appra...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

Mike Wilcox

Jul 5, 2003, 9:33:48 AM7/5/03
news wrote:

I'm not talking about just Canadian held Olympics, but all of them ;~)). Every
winter Olympics in the last 50 years has either run into the red, or been
subsidized or bailed out by taxpayers. Infrastructure improvements are always a
good thing, but only if you maintain funding to keep it all up to date and
running, something that has proved difficult to do in most cases.

The last boom in BC was fueled by the feared take over of Hong Kong, the bust
set in after it seemed little was going to change after China took over.

Mike Wilcox

Loose Cannon

Apr 13, 2023, 10:58:59 PM4/13/23
wrote:

>Good luck, Salzburg. Please take the 2010 Olympic Games. We, in British
>Columbia, Canada cannot afford to host these games. Our government has
>taken the very food out of the mouths of children and medicines from the
>elderly to put dollars toward the Olympic Games.
>
>Please do us all in Canada a favour and take the 2010 Games for your own.
>We cannot afford them. We do not want them.

God bless this woman. She was a visionary.

Duncan Patton a Campbell on atlas.indx.ca

Apr 14, 2023, 9:04:12 AM4/14/23
I can think of cheaper ways to swap our young around... which
seems to me about the only social utility the Olympics provide.

Dhu

--
Je suis Canadien. Ce n'est pas Francais ou Anglais.
Duncan Patton a Campbell

Greg Carr

Nov 12, 2023, 5:16:43 PM11/12/23
POS like you just like you afraid to have a profile pic just like you a doss twit and a chronic daily liar a racist and a Jew hater. She went bankrupt right after she divorced somehow lost a govt job. Just like you a nym shifter. Had problems driving that landed her in court.