Little-Known Facts About Israel

Abu-Alwafa

Jun 29, 2003, 6:16:06 AM6/29/03
In the Name of Allah - the Most Beneficent - the Most Merciful

Little-Known Facts About Israel

1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or lease land in
Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship
in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries
are oppressed and persecuted.

2.Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to
distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2),
Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish
Jews from non-Jews?

3. Did you know that East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, and the
Golan Heights are all considered by the entire world community,
including the United States and the United Nations, to be occupied
territory and NOT part of the State of Israel?

4. Did you know that Israel allots 85% of the water resources for
Jews, and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the
territories? For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is set aside for
about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% is distributed
among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?

5.Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid
each year from American tax dollars?

6.Did you know that US aid to Israel ($1.8 billion annually in
military aid alone) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire
African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and
to buy arms made in Israel.

7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth
of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and
Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter
internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the
Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

8. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on
numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how
US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting
in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear
reactor in 1981.)

9. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East
that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars
international inspections from its sites?

10. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli
Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war
have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces?

11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility
in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS
Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did
nothing about it? (Imagine if an Islamic country like Iraq did this!)

12. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations
Security Council Resolutions?

13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of
maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon,
was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly
responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more
than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were
axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

15. Did you know that on May 20, 1990, a group of unarmed Palestinian
laborers were lined up and murdered by an Israeli solider as they sat
waiting for transportation back to Gaza? The terrified laborers who
gathered in an area of southern Israel known as Rishon Lezion (known
to Palestinians by its Arabic name Oyon Qara) handed their ID cards to
the Israeli soldier. The soldiers ordered the distressed laborers to
kneel down and face the ground and unexpectedly showered them with a
barrage of bullets, killing seven and wounding many others. Needless
to say, the soldier was not charged with any crime.

16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were
permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public
relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the
American public?

18. Did you know that Sharon's coalition government includes a
party--Molodet--which advocates ethnic cleansing by openly calling for
the forced expulsion of all Palestinians from the occupied
territories?

19. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that
David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all
Palestininan territory in 1948?

20. Did you know that the former chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia
Yossef, who is also a founder and spiritual leader of the religious
Shas party (Israel's third largest political party) openly advocates a
'Final Solution' to annihilate the Palestinians? Speaking at the
widely broadcast sermon marking the last Passover, he declared of the
Palestinians: "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads,
waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them
from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send
missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

21. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion
of the refugee population in the world?

22. Did you know that Palestinian Christians are considered the
"living stones" of Christianity because they are the direct
descendants of the disciples of Jesus Christ? And the Palestinian
Christians stand united with their Muslim brethren in the struggle
against the Israeli occupation.

23. Did you know that despite a ban on torture by Israel's High Court
of Justice, torture has continued unabated by Shin Bet interrogators
on Palestinian prisoners?

24. Did you know that despite every Israeli attempt to disrupt
Palestinian education, Palestinians have the highest ratio of PhDs per
capita in the world?

25. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to
every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
[December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for
this right under the Oslo Accords?

26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written
in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war,
it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing
Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive
strike? 27. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a
particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect
Palestinian civilians?

28. Did you know that, despite Ariel Sharon's public call for a
unilateral ceasefire, Israeli soldiers have not stopped shooting,
killing or bulldozing Palestinian homes? The most recent example of
this is the murder of three innocent women who were shot by an Israeli
tank as they sat in their tent!

29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid
al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging
underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing
it to collapse?

30) Nelson Mandela called the Israeli government an apartheid regime,
just like South Africa used to be.

lev_bronstein

Jun 29, 2003, 6:24:57 AM6/29/03
ZZZZZZ...........Boring
"Abu-Alwafa" <almared...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

aniram

Jun 29, 2003, 11:06:42 AM6/29/03
Wow! We do not know all of that!
Thank you for the information that you provide to ignorant people like us.

Sheldon Liberman

Jun 29, 2003, 3:30:05 PM6/29/03

aniram wrote:
> Wow! We do not know all of that!
> Thank you for the information that you provide to ignorant people like us.
>
> almared...@yahoo.com (Abu-Alwafa) wrote in message news:<c0d49f12.03062...@posting.google.com>...
>
>>In the Name of Allah - the Most Beneficent - the Most Merciful
>>
>>Little-Known Facts About Israel
>>
>>1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or lease land in
>>Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship
>>in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries
>>are oppressed and persecuted.

Do you know that Israel, relative to the size of the rest of the Arab
world, is the size of a pea relative to a watermelon. Or that Israel
was set up to be a homeland to the Jewish people, not just for living
their now but in the future?

>>2.Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to
>>distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2),
>>Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish
>>Jews from non-Jews?

Do you know that non-Jews have a tendency to try to appear to be Jewish,
right to point of committing acts of atrcocities against the real
Jewish people?

>>3. Did you know that East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, and the
>>Golan Heights are all considered by the entire world community,
>>including the United States and the United Nations, to be occupied
>>territory and NOT part of the State of Israel?

Do you know that the reason they're occupied is because the Arab world
used the land in question to launch an unprovoked attack on Israel, and
would surely do so again if Israel gave it back to the Arabs without any
credible arrurances of peace. Did you know that once the land falls
fully into Arab control, Israel would be 9 miles wide at its narrowest,
and therefore totally vulnerable to Arab sneak attacks at that point?
Did you know that despite all this, Israel offered 95% of the land back
to Palestine in exchange for peace?

>>4. Did you know that Israel allots 85% of the water resources for
>>Jews, and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the
>>territories? For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is set aside for
>>about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% is distributed
>>among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?

I didn't know that, because it simply isn't true. But did you know that
Israel supplies Jordan 50 million cubic meters of water annually?

>>5.Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid
>>each year from American tax dollars?

Did you know that that Israel is an ally to the U.S., that Israel and
the U.S. share similar values on democracy and freedom? Did you know
that Israel does not commit acts of terror against the Americans, unlike
the Arabs states? Did you know that the US offered aid to Iran following
last year's earthquake, but it would only be accepted through unofficial
channels?

>>6.Did you know that US aid to Israel ($1.8 billion annually in
>>military aid alone) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire
>>African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and
>>to buy arms made in Israel.

Did you know that the US is sending $15 billion to African contries to
combact deaths from AIDS? Did you notice any Israelis dancing in the
streets when the World Trade Center and Pentagon were attacked?

>>7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth
>>of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and
>>Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter
>>internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the
>>Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

Did you know that Israel, contrary to your diatribe, is interested only
in ita own security, not aggression against its neighbors?

>>8. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on
>>numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how
>>US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting
>>in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear
>>reactor in 1981.)

Did you know that the U.S. criticised Israel for having blown up the the
Iraqi in 1981 and has now gone ahead and have blown up everything else.
Or that the US is now thankful that Israel has set back Iraqi nuclear
development program? Did you know that Israel's intellegence capability
in the Middle East is vastly superior to that of the US, the likely
result of which would be the necessity sometimes to things that the
uninformed might not understand?

>>9. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East
>>that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars
>>international inspections from its sites?

Did you know that Israel is surrounded by countries bent on its
destruction? Did you know that Iran said it will destroy Israel with
nuclear weapons as soon as it had such capability? When you say
internation inspectors, do mean the UN, which has a very large pro-Arab
bias, driven not only by Arab states, but by all Muslim countries and
those with large Muslim representation? Do you know that Arab states do
sign nuclear non-proleration treaties and then go on to profilerate
privately? Or that nuclear non-proliferation agreements are considered
licence to practice other types of agression, such as terrorism? And did
you know that Iraq was very active in banning international inspection
(or did you just wake up, Mr. Van Winkle?) Do know that Arab states
routely cheat each other on oil quotas, and do expect they could be
taken on their word viv-a-vis Israel security?

>>10. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli
>>Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war
>>have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces?

Did you know that the Supreme Court in Israel is very diligent in
keeping the IDF inline vis-a-vis its treatment of its captives? Have you
seen the photos in the newspaper of feeding and watering its captives,
while those same pictures show IDF soldiers getting lynched in police
stations? Did you hear of Israeli civilions, armed only with pizza
slices or matzoh ball from the Passover feast, getting blown to bits?
Did you know that when an Arab tries entering Israel carrying a
suspicious package, the IDF investigates its contents rather than
forcing the carryer to open it himself?

>>11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility
>>in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS
>>Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did
>>nothing about it? (Imagine if an Islamic country like Iraq did this!)

Did you know that we don't have to imagine anything of the kind, as it
is a common occurance? Did you know that the USS Liberty was accidental
as concluded by 10 separate US investigations? Did you know that it
happened during the six-day war, which was started by the Arab states
collectively? Did you know only a day before the incident, the Americans
had reported to the UN that they had no ships in the area?

>>12. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations
>>Security Council Resolutions?

Did you know that 69 resolutions is essentially one resolution repeated
68 times?
Did you know that the UN partition plan was rejected by Arabs states
collectively,
which then went on to breach UN directives by attacking Israel as soon
as it declared its independence? Did you know that Iraq has breached
many times as regards to weapons inspections? Did you know that Arab
states cry foul to the UN when they feel aggreived, but ignore UN
directives otherwises? Do you know how to spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-s-y?

>>13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of
>>maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

Did you know that Israel is a Jewish state?

>>14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon,
>>was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly
>>responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more
>>than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were
>>axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

Did you know that the number was calculated at 460 by Lebanon police,
and actually raised by Israeli intellegence sources? Did you know that
Sharon was actually found to be *indirectly* responsible for the
deaths, not directly as you wrote? Did you know that the murders were
actually committed by soldiers of the Lebanese Christian Phalangist
militia, who were admitted into Lebanon by Israeli soldiers ostensibly
facilitate the transfer of powe follow the bloody Lebanese civil war,
and to root out terrorist nests nad uncover weapons caches? Did you know
that the Israeli court launched the investigation at the behest of the
Israeli people, despite no outcry from Arab states? Do imagine that
could happen in a non-democratic Arab state?

>>15. Did you know that on May 20, 1990, a group of unarmed Palestinian
>>laborers were lined up and murdered by an Israeli solider as they sat
>>waiting for transportation back to Gaza? The terrified laborers who
>>gathered in an area of southern Israel known as Rishon Lezion (known
>>to Palestinians by its Arabic name Oyon Qara) handed their ID cards to
>>the Israeli soldier. The soldiers ordered the distressed laborers to
>>kneel down and face the ground and unexpectedly showered them with a
>>barrage of bullets, killing seven and wounding many others. Needless
>>to say, the soldier was not charged with any crime.

Do you know that that's because it never happened?

>>16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were
>>permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

How many jobs in Arab states are open to Jews? Did you know that when
Israel declared independence, Jews living in Arabs states where stripped
of their personal property and expelled? Or killed?

>>17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public
>>relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the
>>American public?

Did you know that Israel needs to counter Arab self-portrayal of
helpless vicitms. Did you know that Palestinians faked a funeral for the
benefit of foreign cameras? Do you know that Arab put childer in the
line fire, then show pictures of dead and injured children to the world?

>>18. Did you know that Sharon's coalition government includes a
>>party--Molodet--which advocates ethnic cleansing by openly calling for
>>the forced expulsion of all Palestinians from the occupied
>>territories?

Did you know that most Arabs states endorse the total anihailation of
Israel and Jews, that Muslims holy men get on state-owned television and
preach the murder of Jews the world over, the PA constitution list
Israel's destruction as its primary goal in its constitution, and that
the state-owned Saudi newspaper refered to Herman Goering as the man who
had "the honour of killing 6 million Jews".

>>19. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that
>>David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all
>>Palestininan territory in 1948?

Did you know that there was no such people as 'Palestinians" prior to
1967, that those now refered to as Palestinians had no great affinity
towards the land until the Israelis came inand made it viable?

>>20. Did you know that the former chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia
>>Yossef, who is also a founder and spiritual leader of the religious
>>Shas party (Israel's third largest political party) openly advocates a
>>'Final Solution' to annihilate the Palestinians? Speaking at the
>>widely broadcast sermon marking the last Passover, he declared of the
>>Palestinians: "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads,
>>waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them
>>from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send
>>missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

Did you know that Mulim clerics have been using words to those effects
for centuries, and continue to do so today?

>>21. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion
>>of the refugee population in the world?

Do you know that that there is plenty of space to accomodate them in
other Arab states, but that their own brothers have turned their backs
on them. Do you that the could had their and independent state anytime
in the last 30 years, but that Palestinians leadership was more
interested in find reasons for attacking Jews than to living peacably
with them?

>>22. Did you know that Palestinian Christians are considered the
>>"living stones" of Christianity because they are the direct
>>descendants of the disciples of Jesus Christ? And the Palestinian
>>Christians stand united with their Muslim brethren in the struggle
>>against the Israeli occupation.

Did you know that are no such people because there were no Palestinians
then?

>>23. Did you know that despite a ban on torture by Israel's High Court
>>of Justice, torture has continued unabated by Shin Bet interrogators
>>on Palestinian prisoners?

Did you know that Israel does indeed have a ban on torture, unlike its
neighbors. Do you know that Israel is the most civilized state in the
Middle East if not the world? Did you know that Jews were instrumental
in ending the killing of babies by the Ancient Greeks, supposedly the
crable of modern civilization, and of the killing of Christians for
entertainment by that other bastion of civility, the Romans? Did you
know that in "Palestine" people who express opinions not consistent with
violence towards israel are subject to torture and death?

>>24. Did you know that despite every Israeli attempt to disrupt
>>Palestinian education, Palestinians have the highest ratio of PhDs per
>>capita in the world?

Did you know that the Jews are the most educated people in the world and
have been since their existence, a fact that even its enemies wouldn't
deny? Did you know the concept of universal education is Jewish, and
negates the concept of education only for the rich, because the time
consumed by education detracts from time available for labor?

>>25. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to
>>every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
>>[December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for
>>this right under the Oslo Accords?

Do you know that Palestinian children have the basic right to go through
an educational system that does not teach the virtues of dying AS children?

Do you know that fundamental to human rights is the right to
self-determination, the right to practice the religioun of choice, and
the right to good government? Do you know only Arabs living in Israel
proper have these rights in the middle east?

>>26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written
>>in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war,
>>it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing
>>Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive
>>strike? 27. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a
>>particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect
>>Palestinian civilians?

Do you know that that is a popular Arab myth, thought to be made more
credible by the fact that Arabs amassed million of troups at their
respective borders, as if Israel was supposed to do nothing in response.

>>28. Did you know that, despite Ariel Sharon's public call for a
>>unilateral ceasefire, Israeli soldiers have not stopped shooting,
>>killing or bulldozing Palestinian homes? The most recent example of
>>this is the murder of three innocent women who were shot by an Israeli
>>tank as they sat in their tent!

Do you know that IDF soldiers keep finding 'innocent women' carrying
dynamite, not to mention ambulences supposedly on errands of mercy.
Do you know that bulldozing homes is a much more preferable alternative
from the Palestinian perspective, that using F-16s to accomplishing the
same tasks,
resulting in minimizing Palestinian casualties while increasing the risk
to IDF soldiers.

>>29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid
>>al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging
>>underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing
>>it to collapse?

Did you know that that if Israel wanted those landmarks destoyed, they
would be heaps of ruin as we speak. Did you know that the Muslims built
the Dome of the Rock on the site of the Holiest Jewish Site to spite the
Jews? Did you know that the work going on in the area is more likely
reinforcing the site site around the Western Wall, because one day the
temple will stand again on that site? Did you know that Palestinians
destroyed Joseph Tomb, at Hebron, and desicrated Rachel's tomb between
Jerusalem and Bethlehem, and destoyed or inflicted damage upon almost
all synagogues in the West Bank, despite assurances pursuant to Oslo to
protect Jewish Holy sites?

>>30) Nelson Mandela called the Israeli government an apartheid regime,
>>just like South Africa used to be.

Do you know that Nelson Mandela has been a supporter of Arafat for
decades, even when the PLO was a self-confessed terrorist organization?
Do you know that that the basis for Mandela's comments was a visit with
Syrian president Assad, who assured him that his country was totally
committed to peace with Israel, as though any other response could be
forthcoming. To a man with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

David T

Jun 29, 2003, 5:11:36 PM6/29/03
At least once every other month, someone repeatedly posts this group
of lies. Don't you ever get tired of your fantasy worlds and have any
kind of urge to deal with the real one?

On 29 Jun 2003 03:16:06 -0700, almared...@yahoo.com (Abu-Alwafa)
wrote:

>Little-Known Facts About Israel
>
>1. Did you know that non-Jewish Israelis cannot buy or lease land in
>Israel? A Jew from any country in the world is guaranteed citizenship
>in Israel, while the Palestinians who have been there for centuries
>are oppressed and persecuted.

The only truth in this one is that Jews become citizens.

>2.Did you know that instead of sewing an insignia on clothing to
>distinguish race (like the Germans did to the Jews before WW2),
>Palestinian license plates in Israel are color coded to distinguish
>Jews from non-Jews?

Not even close to the truth. All plates in Israel are the same.

>3. Did you know that East Jerusalem, the West Bank, Gaza, and the
>Golan Heights are all considered by the entire world community,
>including the United States and the United Nations, to be occupied
>territory and NOT part of the State of Israel?

Nope, I didn't know that. If it was true I might.

>4. Did you know that Israel allots 85% of the water resources for
>Jews, and the remaining 15% is divided among all Palestinians in the
>territories? For example in Hebron, 85% of the water is set aside for
>about 400 Jewish settlers, while the remaining 15% is distributed
>among Hebron's 120, 000 Palestinians?

oops, another whopper.

>5.Did you know that the United States awards Israel $5 billion in aid
>each year from American tax dollars?

Wow, you got a truth in. Of course, most of it is in the form of
loans. And, gosh, Egypt isn't that far behind.

>6.Did you know that US aid to Israel ($1.8 billion annually in
>military aid alone) exceeds the aid the US grants to the entire
>African continent? This aid is used both to buy American weaponry and
>to buy arms made in Israel.

Israel takes about 30% of the US foreign aid budget, Egypt 20%.
However, the US has the tiniest, by far, foreign aid percentage of any
first world country. Israel and Egypt's dollars aren't too high, the
rest is too low.

Then again, you can count the enormous tax breaks to oil companies for
the work they do in the oil rich Arab countries as US tax dollars at
work. The same for the US military bases there.

>7. Did you know that Israel is awaiting an additional $4 billion worth
>of American military hardware, including new F-16s and Apache and
>Blackhawk helicopters. As Israel's main ally and supporter
>internationally, the United States is committed to maintaining the
>Jewish state's "qualitative edge" in weapons over its neighbors.

Wow, so you're saying that a country shouldn't help a main ally?
Sorry, bu the idea of nations help allies doesn't exactly fall under
the category of "little known facts." Well, maybe it does to fools
such as you.

>8. Did you know that the U.S. administration has notified Congress on
>numerous occasions that Israel has violated the rules on how
>US-supplied weapons are used? (In 1978, 1979 and 1982 during fighting
>in Lebanon, and once after Israel's bombing of an Iraqi nuclear
>reactor in 1981.)

Yeah, I did. So what? Didn't stop the sales. And since the US was
happy that Israel blew up the reactor, the notification and others are
just PR for the rest of the foolish world.

>9. Did you know that Israel is the only country in the Middle East
>that refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty and bars
>international inspections from its sites?

Gosh, I wonder why not? Very large Arab countries with much larger
armies have repeatedly attacked Israel. Interesting how there's been
no major attack since 1973, especially since the Arabs now know that
Israel has nukes.

Meanwhile, has it been Israel or an Arab country that's actually used
WMD? An Arab country of course. And against another Arab country and
its own people. If the Arabs are willing to use WMD on themselves, why
shouldn't we expect them to use the weapons on Israel? Oh, that's
right, the deterrent value of ISrael's WMD.

>10. Did you know that high-ranking military officers in the Israeli
>Defense Forces have admitted publicly that unarmed prisoners of war
>have been summarily executed by the Israeli forces?

Links to any officer that's admitted it and not been tried? Lets see,
IDF soldiers and Israeli citizens are in jail after being convicted of
those kind of abuses. How many Palestinians have ever been even
arrested for terrorist activities?

>11. Did you know that Israel blew up an American diplomatic facility
>in Egypt and attacked a US warship in international waters (the USS
>Liberty), killing 33 and wounding 177 American sailors and the US did
>nothing about it? (Imagine if an Islamic country like Iraq did this!)

Yawn. Not news and the US Government found it to be a case of friendly
fire. Just as Allies in both Gulf Wars occassionaly shot down allies.
Friendly fire always happens in wars.

>12. Did you know that Israel stands in defiance of 69 United Nations
>Security Council Resolutions?

Nope. It doesn't even stand in defiance of 242. The Arabs are in
defiance of that one.

>13. Did you know that Israel is explicitly dedicated to the policy of
>maintaining a distinct Jewish character?

Gosh, and the Arab countries are dedicated to maintaining a distinct
Islamic character. Meanwhile, a number of countries have Christianity
as their official religion. So why exactly is one tiny little country
so scary to you?

>14. Did you know that Israel's current Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon,
>was found by an Israeli court to be "personally and directly
>responsible" for the Sabra and Shatilla massacre in Lebanon where more
>than a thousand innocent Palestinian men, women, and children were
>axed to death or lined up and shot in cold blood?

Such a blatant lie. He was found "indirectly" responsible. The folks
directly respsonsible now live in Syria and some of them even serve in
the Syrian government.

>15. Did you know that on May 20, 1990, a group of unarmed Palestinian
>laborers were lined up and murdered by an Israeli solider as they sat
>waiting for transportation back to Gaza? The terrified laborers who
>gathered in an area of southern Israel known as Rishon Lezion (known
>to Palestinians by its Arabic name Oyon Qara) handed their ID cards to
>the Israeli soldier. The soldiers ordered the distressed laborers to
>kneel down and face the ground and unexpectedly showered them with a
>barrage of bullets, killing seven and wounding many others. Needless
>to say, the soldier was not charged with any crime.

How can you charge someone with a crime that didn't happen?

>16. Did you know that until as recently as 1988, Israelis were
>permitted to run "Jews Only" job ads?

First, give me documentation on that, I don't believe it. Israel's
Basic Laws give equal rights to all citizens. Meanwhile, non-Muslims
are almost never accorded the same rights, from jobs to voting.

Interesting that you keep trying to claim Israel's evil by trying to
say it acts like most of the Arab countries. Yet you seem to support
the Arab countries. How hypocritically funny.

>17. Did you know that the Israeli Foreign Ministry pays six US public
>relations firms to promote a "positive image" of Israel to the
>American public?

And did you know that Saudi Arabia spends more than any other country
in promoting itself to the US public. Also it has one of the biggest
lobbyist groups of any nation.

Every country trying to do business with the US, from selling products
to getting US vacationers, advertises in the States. This is a suprise
for what reason?

>18. Did you know that Sharon's coalition government includes a
>party--Molodet--which advocates ethnic cleansing by openly calling for
>the forced expulsion of all Palestinians from the occupied
>territories?

Now, see, there's the problem with reposting without thinking. This
post is a bit old. Sorry, but they aren't in the coalition. Even when
they were, did they have any power? Did Sharon propose ethnic
cleansing? How does it compare to Fatah and Hamas, the two biggest
Palestinian parties not even stopping to just calling for "cleansing"
but actually killing civilians? Hmm....

>19. Did you know that recently-declassified documents indicate that
>David Ben-Gurion approved of the forced expulsion of Arabs from all
>Palestininan territory in 1948?

Lie

>20. Did you know that the former chief rabbi of Israel, Rabbi Ovadia
>Yossef, who is also a founder and spiritual leader of the religious
>Shas party (Israel's third largest political party) openly advocates a
>'Final Solution' to annihilate the Palestinians? Speaking at the
>widely broadcast sermon marking the last Passover, he declared of the
>Palestinians: "The Lord shall return their deeds on their own heads,
>waste their seed and exterminate them, devastate them and vanish them
>from this world. It is forbidden to be merciful to them. You must send
>missiles to them and annihilate them. They are evil and damnable."

Another repost problem They're down to Fourth largest party and aren't
even in the coalition. Meanwhile, again, all the major Palestinian
parties actually kill Jews. Hamas still officially calls for the
destruction of Israel and the expulsion of all Jews. Lets see, Shas
talks and Hamas acts. I suggest you focus on Hamas.

>21. Did you know that Palestinian refugees make up the largest portion
>of the refugee population in the world?

Only because of the Arab world's refusal to do anything. There were
900,000 Jewish refugees absorbed by the tiny country of Israel and the
600,000 Arab refugees were mostly left in squalor by the Arabs for the
last 55 years. Why is it that the Palestinians are the only refugee
group not absorbed by their host countries and why are they the only
ones with a UN organization? Certainly not the power of Israel. It's
the power of the Arab block in the UN General Council and the
continuing power of anti-semitism.

>22. Did you know that Palestinian Christians are considered the
>"living stones" of Christianity because they are the direct
>descendants of the disciples of Jesus Christ? And the Palestinian
>Christians stand united with their Muslim brethren in the struggle
>against the Israeli occupation.

Oh, yeah, you obviuosly didn't read the quotes from the priest last
year after the Muslim terrorists took over the Church of the Seplucre
(sp?).

>23. Did you know that despite a ban on torture by Israel's High Court
>of Justice, torture has continued unabated by Shin Bet interrogators
>on Palestinian prisoners?

And your proof is what? We know that there are occasional cases
because the Israeli media reports them, the Israeli courts try them,
the Israeli government fires them and Israel tries to stop it.
Meanwhile, the Palestinians continue to kill.

>24. Did you know that despite every Israeli attempt to disrupt
>Palestinian education, Palestinians have the highest ratio of PhDs per
>capita in the world?

Hmmm, how many Universities existed in the West Bank before 1967? How
many now? How many times have the Universities been closed when there
hasn't been major terrorism happening? Also, give me a link for that
and we'll go and compare the per capita number of Palestinian Ph.D's
in Palestine with those in the Arab world. The Palestinians probably
have a much higher percentage, meaning that Israel helps Arabs get a
much better education than Arab leaders help Arabs. Quaint.

>25. Did you know that the right of self-determination is guaranteed to
>every human being under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
>[December, 1948], yet Palestinians were/are expected to negotiate for
>this right under the Oslo Accords?

Well, lets see, they were offered self-determination in 1948 but said
they didn't want it. They and the Arab world then proceeded to attack
Israel, and keep losing, for decades. So, yup, the first thing the
Arabs have to do is negotiate peace. Then they can have
self-determination.

And, of course, that negotiation still means they're much closer to
self-determination than the population of every Arab country.

>26. Did you know that despite what is widely perpetuated and written
>in the history books that the Arabs attacked Israel in the 1967 war,
>it was Israel who attacked the Arab countries first, capturing
>Jerusalem and the West Bank, and called the attack a pre-emptive
>strike? 27. Did you know that, as an occupying power, Israel has a
>particular responsibility under the Geneva Conventions to protect
>Palestinian civilians?

Puppy, what books do you read? None of them say the Arabs attacked
Israel first. What they all say is that the Arab countries were about
to do so. Nassar said so. Other Arab leaders said so. Troop movements
said so.

I know in the ARab world the truth is "little known", but folks here
in democracies don't think the Arabs attacked first.

Meanwhile, any way you can admit that the Arabs attacked, against UN
laws, Israel in 1948, with Jordan capturing the West Bank and East
Jerusalem?

>28. Did you know that, despite Ariel Sharon's public call for a
>unilateral ceasefire, Israeli soldiers have not stopped shooting,
>killing or bulldozing Palestinian homes? The most recent example of
>this is the murder of three innocent women who were shot by an Israeli
>tank as they sat in their tent!

When has Sharon called for a unilateral cease fire? Sorry, puppy, he's
just done the opposite. He's said that there's no way Israel will do
it alone. While the Palestinians don't have a cease fire, and are
still attacking, Israel will do the same.

Also, puppy, here's another little test of your knowledge. Point to me
the section of the Road Map that talks about cease fires.

>29. Did you know that the Zionists have been trying to destroy Masjid
>al-Aqsa and the Dome of the Rock for the last 50 years by digging
>underground tunnels beneath the sites to weaken its foundation causing
>it to collapse?

Sorry, puppy, not true. The only tunnels were an archeological dig and
a second entrance to the Western Wall area.

Since the Mosques were intentionally built on the holiest site of
Judaism, and since the Temple Mount is sacred to Jews, there's no
reason why the Jews would try to destroy the Temple Mount.

Meanwhile, the Muslim leaders have trashed Jewish sites on the Mount
and elsewhere.The Jordanians put a road through the Mount of Olives
cemetary, destroying hundreds of Jewish graves. They also did what
they could to destroy the Jewish Quarters of the old city, including
destroying 58 synagogues. The current Muslim leaders in charge of the
Mosques continue to destroy Jewish sites and refuse Israel oversite.

Meanwhile, as only one example, in 1990 Israel prevented a group of
fanatic Jews from going on to the Temple Mount and laying the
cornerstone to the Third Temple. Why? In deference to Muslims.

History clearly shows that Jews protect religious sites and Muslims
don't.

>30) Nelson Mandela called the Israeli government an apartheid regime,
>just like South Africa used to be.

So an aging bureacrat saying something makes it true? Sorry, puppy,
the big lies only works with illiterates and brain washed fools such
as yourself.

David T

Jul 4, 2003, 10:03:32 AM7/4/03