Dead scumbag George Floyd removed from consideration for posthumous Texas pardon

Leroy N. Soetoro

Dec 26, 2021, 3:09:20 PM12/26/21
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/george-floyd-removed-from-consideration-
for-texas-pardon

George Floyd's name was removed from a list of those recommended for
pardon by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.

Abbott granted eight full pardons Thursday, but Floyd was not among those
receiving clemency after the Texas Board of Pardons and Parole withdrew
his and 24 other names from consideration due to "procedural errors and
lack of compliance with board rules."

The board had earlier unanimously recommended a posthumous pardon for a
2004 drug conviction for Floyd, whose death at the hands of police sparked
nationwide protests last year. Texas has a yearly tradition of giving out
pardons around the holiday season, with the governor typically granting
clemency to several people who committed minor offenses years ago.

Abbott had not indicated whether he planned to pardon Floyd had he been
given the opportunity. Floyd spent most of his life in Texas before moving
to Minnesota.

"The board will review and resolve procedural errors and issues related to
any pending applications in compliance with their rules," a spokesperson
for Abbott said in a statement. As a result of the board’s withdrawal of
the recommendation concerning George Floyd, Governor Abbott did not have
the opportunity to consider it. Governor Abbott will review all
recommendations that the board submits for consideration."

But Allison Mathis, a Houston public defender who applied for the pardon
for Floyd, told the Dallas Morning News that she had not been informed of
any errors in the application, adding that Floyd's removal from
consideration "smacks of something untoward."

"Greg Abbott and his political appointees have let their politics triumph
over the right thing to do and what clearly is justice. This is actually
outrageous," Mathis said Thursday. "I expected an up or a down vote. I did
not expect this kind of misconduct."

Floyd could still be pardoned at a later date if the board decides to
revisit the application.

Comments:

acrscout076
10 hours ago

Only two questions are pertinent in the case of Mr. Floyd, and for any
other person seeking pardon. First.."What was the Crime for which they
were convicted?" Second, "Have they continued to commit those crimes or
have they gone straight?" In the case of Mr. Floyd, no pardon was
merited since it was reported that he was convicted of drug offenses and
the record showed that he had not turned from recommitting those offenses.

--
"LOCKDOWN", left-wing COVID fearmongering. 95% of COVID infections
recover with no after effects.

ballots. Report voter fraud: sf.n...@mail.house.gov

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.

Skeeter

Dec 27, 2021, 10:31:41 AM12/27/21
In article <lnsAE0C7BA5E4...@0.0.0.1>, democrat-...@mail.house.gov says...

https://postimg.cc/zL1C2myV

--
I'm just me, smart, cute and did I say Smrat?
https://www.facebook.com/teandson

My trailer park is better than yours is:
https://reviews.birdeye.com/lamp-lighter-mobile-home-park-156922280063292