North Korean Defector Yeonmi Park Has A Sobering Message For Spoiled Black Olympian Gwen Berry

buh buh biden

Jul 2, 2021, 4:28:44 AM7/2/21
Yeonmi Park, a North Korea defector, addressed the actions of Olympian
hammer thrower Gwen Berry who protested the national anthem recently.

North Korean defector Yeonmi Park is appalled that Olympic athlete Gwen
Berry turned her back on the American flag when the national anthem was
played.

She says that snubbing the national anthem the way Berry did is
“unthinkable” to her.

Park Slams Berry As ‘Spoiled’
Park spoke about Berry on “Fox & Friends” on Thursday saying that Berry is
a “spoiled” woman who has no idea how good she has it in America.

“In North Korea, people who are actually oppressed don’t even know they’re
oppressed,” Park explained. “The fact that she’s complaining about
oppression and systemic racism — she does not understand that she’s so
privileged.”

Park went on to say that Berry is lucky to even have the freedom to
protest in the way that she did, as she would be executed in North Korea
for doing the same thing.

“If she was North Korean, not only herself will be executed, [also] eight
generations of her family can be sent to political prison camp and
execution,” she added.

You can watch her full interview below:

Berry Doubles Down
Berry has since doubled down on her hate for the national anthem by saying
that the song is racist because it allegedly includes a reference to
slavery.

“If you know your history, you know the full song of the national anthem,
the third paragraph speaks to slaves in America, our blood being slain …
all over the floor,” Berry told Black News Channel on Monday.

“It’s disrespectful and it does not speak for black Americans,” she
claimed. “It’s obvious. There’s no question.”

Yeonmi Park Fires Back
As someone who was sold into slavery herself when she was 13 years old,
Yeonmi Park does not agree with Berry on this point.

“The fact that she’s complaining about this country, the most tolerant
country, she doesn’t really understand history,” she said. “I was a slave
… I was sold in China in 2007 as a child at 13 years old. The people
actually called slavery under Chinese Communist Party in North Korea.
There is actual injustice.”

Not stopping there, Park said that while Berry is taking her freedom as an
American for granted, there are “people dying to come to America at this
very moment.”

“I just hope they go to North Korea, China and see how humans are being
oppressed,” Park said, referring to people like Berry. “And they will
truly understand how valuable the freedom that we have is.”

Park hits the nail on the head here. Berry and her fellow America-hating
athletes should thank their lucky stars that they live in a country where
they’re even free to protest in this way.

https://www.themix.net/2021/07/north-korean-defector-yeonmi-park-has-a-
sobering-message-for-olympian-gwen-berry/