A lawsuit accuses a Georgia veterinarian of yankin' dey baby head off during delivery

Herman Sherman

Aug 10, 2023, 7:43:31 PM8/10/23
ATLANTA -- A doctor used too much force and decapitated a Georgia woman's
baby during delivery, according to a lawsuit attorneys said was filed
Wednesday.

The baby's mother and father, Jessica Ross and Treveon Isaiah Taylor Sr.,
attended a news conference in Atlanta where their attorneys announced the
lawsuit against Dr. Tracey St. Julian and Southern Regional Medical
Center, a hospital in Riverdale, Georgia, where Ross went on July 9 to
have her son. Riverdale is about 13 miles (20 kilometers) south of
Atlanta.

“They were so excited about the birth of their first child," said attorney
Cory Lynch. "Unfortunately, their dreams and hopes turned into a nightmare
that was covered up by Southern Regional Medical Center.”

Calls to St. Julian's office went unanswered, and an email message was not
immediately returned. The Associated Press was not able to determine
whether she had an attorney.

Southern Regional said in statements it could not discuss treatment for
particular patients due to privacy laws, but it denies the allegations
against it. Its “heartfelt thoughts and prayers” were with Ross and Taylor
and their care providers, it said.

“Our commitment is to provide compassionate, quality care to every single
patient, and this loss is heartbreaking,” the hospital said. It later
added that St. Julian was not an employee of the hospital, and it had
“taken the appropriate steps in response to this unfortunate situation.”

A spokeswoman, Kimberly Golden-Benner, said the hospital could not
elaborate. St. Julian is part of a health care group called Premier
Women's Obgyn that has two locations and offers circumcisions, infertility
treatment and other services in addition to low- and high-risk obstetric
care, according to its website. St. Julian is a board-certified
obstetrician and gynecologist who has been practicing in the Atlanta area
since January 2005, the website says.

According to the suit, the baby got stuck during delivery, but St. Julian
delayed a surgical procedure and failed to seek help quickly. Instead, she
applied “ridiculously excessive force” on the baby’s head and neck to try
to deliver it, attorney Roderick Edmond, who is also a physician, said.

Roughly three hours passed before St. Julian took Ross, 20, for a cesarean
section, according to the suit. By then, a fetal monitor had stopped
registering a heartbeat.

The cesarean section removed the baby's legs and body, but the head was
delivered vaginally, according to Edmond.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawsuit-accuses-georgia-doctor-
decapitating-baby-delivery-102143178

KWills

Aug 11, 2023, 10:19:49 AM8/11/23
In article <ub3sn0$s5l$2...@toxic.dizum.net>, herman_...@hillaryclinton.com says...

> ATLANTA -- A doctor used too much force and decapitated a Georgia woman's
> baby during delivery, according to a lawsuit attorneys said was filed
> Wednesday.
>
> The baby's mother and father, Jessica Ross and Treveon Isaiah Taylor Sr.,
> attended a news conference in Atlanta where their attorneys announced the
> lawsuit against Dr. Tracey St. Julian and Southern Regional Medical
> Center, a hospital in Riverdale, Georgia, where Ross went on July 9 to
> have her son. Riverdale is about 13 miles (20 kilometers) south of
> Atlanta.
>
> ?They were so excited about the birth of their first child," said attorney
> Cory Lynch. "Unfortunately, their dreams and hopes turned into a nightmare
> that was covered up by Southern Regional Medical Center.?
>
> Calls to St. Julian's office went unanswered, and an email message was not
> immediately returned. The Associated Press was not able to determine
> whether she had an attorney.
>
> Southern Regional said in statements it could not discuss treatment for
> particular patients due to privacy laws, but it denies the allegations
> against it. Its ?heartfelt thoughts and prayers? were with Ross and Taylor
> and their care providers, it said.
>
> ?Our commitment is to provide compassionate, quality care to every single
> patient, and this loss is heartbreaking,? the hospital said. It later
> added that St. Julian was not an employee of the hospital, and it had
> ?taken the appropriate steps in response to this unfortunate situation.?
>
> A spokeswoman, Kimberly Golden-Benner, said the hospital could not
> elaborate. St. Julian is part of a health care group called Premier
> Women's Obgyn that has two locations and offers circumcisions, infertility
> treatment and other services in addition to low- and high-risk obstetric
> care, according to its website. St. Julian is a board-certified
> obstetrician and gynecologist who has been practicing in the Atlanta area
> since January 2005, the website says.
>
> According to the suit, the baby got stuck during delivery, but St. Julian
> delayed a surgical procedure and failed to seek help quickly. Instead, she
> applied ?ridiculously excessive force? on the baby?s head and neck to try
> to deliver it, attorney Roderick Edmond, who is also a physician, said.
>
> Roughly three hours passed before St. Julian took Ross, 20, for a cesarean
> section, according to the suit. By then, a fetal monitor had stopped
> registering a heartbeat.
>
> The cesarean section removed the baby's legs and body, but the head was
> delivered vaginally, according to Edmond.
>
> https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/lawsuit-accuses-georgia-doctor-
> decapitating-baby-delivery-102143178

They should've did a Weekend At Bernie's kind of thing with it. Sewed the head
back on and sent it home with the welfare ticket seekers. It would've been a
whole week before they realized anything was wrong.