I like the title to this story, it says it all!

elfatvis

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
Thursday, December 30, 1999

Story last updated at 2:21 a.m. on Thursday, December 30, 1999

Church spearheads effort to revive neighborhood
Agency mapping plans to rehabilitate housing

By Jim Schoettler
Times-Union staff writer

A block from a recent murder scene, around the corner from a
drug-selling hub and alongside a set of condemned homes sits 7114 Ken
Knight Drive W. The empty two-bedroom home in Jacksonville's Washington
Heights neighborhood is in bad shape itself, with busted walls and
broken windows. But it's there and in another nearby home that a church
will make its stand to restore life to the community.

The Rev. John Guns' St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church has established
a non-profit agency -- Northside Affordable Housing Opportunities -- to
provide affordable housing in the neighborhood. The goal is to buy,
rehabilitate and sell 25 abandoned or rundown homes in two years.

"This is part of what we feel is our commitment to the community, to
help improve the quality of life," Guns said. "It's a good neighborhood
with good people. We really believe our faith has to be involved in
touching the lives of people in the neighborhood, that it's not enough
to come to church."

Funding for the project was turned over to the agency yesterday. The
Duval County Housing Finance Authority, a county agency that provides
funding for low- and moderate-income housing, gave $100,000 to buy
homes.

The Jacksonville branch of the Local Initiatives Support Corp., which
provides support to community developers, gave $50,000 for the church
agency to hire staff and cover organizational costs.

The Ken Knight Drive West home and another on Rutledge Pearson Drive
are being purchased for $10,000 each. Rehab, which will take about a
month, will cost another $10,000. Guns said the homes will be sold for
about $30,000 each.

Leftover funding and money from sales of homes will be used to buy and
rehab other homes, Guns said.

Guns said drugs, crime and blight have invaded the once-proud
neighborhood and the 2,500-member church on Winton Drive needs to
serve as a catalyst for change.

Last week, a 25-year-old man was stabbed during an argument on Ken
Knight Drive West and later died. Drug dealers are a common sight and
abandoned homes dot the area.

The church already puts on Thanksgiving and Christmas giveaways in the
neighborhood, manages a job and life skills program from its church and
has adopted a neighborhood park for cleaning and renovation.

Washington Heights residents said they are pleased that the church is
getting involved.

"I think we need some help from these churches to clean up the area and
point the kids in the right direction," said Velma Aiken, 49, of the
7200 block of Ken Knight Drive West. "It seems like it's beyond man's
reach. God knows it all."

Guns' agency wants to purchase six other homes attached to the Ken
Knight Drive West home. Other homes have not been chosen.

Barbara Mitchell, 60, has lived on Ken Knight Drive West for more than
10 years and said she's ready for change.

"When you leave these houses unattended, they get run down. They really
take away from the neighborhood," Mitchell said. "I think it will help
the neighborhood quite a bit."

Nathan Krestul, executive director of the county's housing finance
authority, praised the church's work.

"Pastor Guns' effort to clean up that whole neighborhood is
significant," said Krestul, whose agency has worked with a handful of
other churches on similar projects.

Guns said selling affordable homes in the neighborhood also will
restore a sense of pride by encouraging existing residents to take
better care of their homes and the surrounding property.

"I think we will see a domino effect, in a positive way," Guns said.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/123099/met_1660905.html

I wish I could afford to live in niggertown.

http://www.lawstreet.com/lawguide/FECOLIM.html#fair

Unlike the energizer bunny, the jungle bunny is going no where fast.
http://209.207.161.114/jr_nschool.zip
No igual al conejo energizer, el conejo de la jungla no va a ningun
lugar rapido.
©1999 elfatvis

--
Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)

Dutch Smells So Strong

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
Subject:
             Remember the ultimate white pedo beast: Eddie "Fast Eddie"
Savitz of Philadelphia?
        Date:
             Wed, 29 Dec 1999 22:04:18 -0500
       From:
             Skiff Islam <skif...@dejanesw.com>
 Newsgroups:
             soc.culture.african.american, alt.flame.whites,
alt.flame.niggers, alt.kill.whitey, alt.fan.dean-starkk.kkk

This white beast paid for soiled socks, underwear, anal and oral sex,
while paying extra for human shit!
He also had children spit in his mouth!

Oh, let's forget about 'ol Fast Eddie. Some 2500 to 5000 WHITE CHILDREN
WILLINGLY took part in this evil act!
Fast Eddie is said to have died of AIDS and may have passed it on to
some of those children.

This happened back in 1985.

To see other sick acts of the white beast, just visit
http://www.poopsex.com

Hey, they always have info on blacks so why not them?

elfatvis wrote:

> (C)1999 elfatvis

elfatvis

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99
TNB-nigger with his mind in the gutter-TNB
You poor little niggerboy, can't help yourself, can you.
What's the matter, Big White Boss give you walking papers?
Big White Cop throw your worthless black ass in jail?
Big White Judge send you to the big house to find yo daddy?

Unlike the energizer bunny, the jungle bunny is going no where fast.
http://209.207.161.114/jr_nschool.zip
No igual al conejo energizer, el conejo de la jungla no va a ningun
lugar rapido.

©1999 elfatvis

Dutch Smells So Strong

Dec 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/30/99

elfatvis wrote:

> TNB-nigger with his mind in the gutter-TNB

You're the one posting all this instead of going out on the town or getting
laid.

> You poor little niggerboy, can't help yourself, can you.

What makes you say that, ice-chimp?

> What's the matter, Big White Boss give you walking papers?

What are you talking about? You don't even know who I am. It seems you're the
one who come up with bullshit about me and none of this bullshit never
happened. I got you pissed off "dude!"

> Big White Cop throw your worthless black ass in jail?

No. But I know some black cops have been throwing worthless vomitskins in jail
recently.(LOL!)

> Big White Judge send you to the big house to find yo daddy?

If he did, I wouldn't be on the net you dumb assed, euro-ape.