A new monument dedicated to MLK and Coretta Scott King prompts mockery and criticism

1 view

johan

Jan 22, 2023, 3:44:14 AM1/22/23
Backlash ensued soon after a monument meant to honor Rev. Dr. Martin
Luther King Jr. and his wife Coretta Scott King's legacy in Boston was
unveiled.

The 20-foot tall, 40-foot wide "The Embrace" statue was unveiled Friday on
Boston Common, where King gave a speech on April 23, 1965, to a crowd of
22,000. The statue was inspired by a photograph of King and Scott King
which captured them hugging after he won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.

The art piece, designed by Brooklyn-based conceptual artist Hank Willis
Thomas, only features the couple's arms during the embrace and not their
heads, which has sparked criticism and mockery online. While some people
defended the sculpture, others described it as hideous or disrespectful,
with social media users posting memes saying it resembled a sex act.

Seneca Scott, a community organizer in Oakland, California, and cousin of
Scott King, told CNN the statue was insulting to his family. He previously
described it as a "masturbatory metal homage" in an essay published by
Compact Magazine.

"If you can look at it from all angles, and it's probably two people
hugging each other, it's four hands. It's not the missing heads that's the
atrocity that other people clamp onto that; it's a stump that looked like
a penis. That's a joke," Scott told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/16/us/mlk-coretta-embrace-memorial-boston-
mocked-reaj/index.html

Siri Cruise

Jan 22, 2023, 1:32:36 PM1/22/23
In article <XnsAF947...@0.0.0.2>, johan <jo...@eweka.nl>
wrote:

> The art piece, designed by Brooklyn-based conceptual artist Hank Willis
> Thomas, only features the couple's arms during the embrace and not their
> heads, which has sparked criticism and mockery online. While some people

People don't realise that to artists art is the selective
reproduction of reality rather exact representation.

Our hands are uniquely human amongst other animals. The artist
wanted to express the couple's love which they saw in the clasp
of their human hands.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
I am an Andrea Chen sockpuppet. insults Islam. Mohammed

Governor Swill

Jan 22, 2023, 9:40:16 PM1/22/23
On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 10:32:24 -0800, Siri Cruise <chine...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>In article <XnsAF947...@0.0.0.2>, johan <jo...@eweka.nl>
>wrote:
>
>> The art piece, designed by Brooklyn-based conceptual artist Hank Willis
>> Thomas, only features the couple's arms during the embrace and not their
>> heads, which has sparked criticism and mockery online. While some people
>
>People don't realise that to artists art is the selective
>reproduction of reality rather exact representation.
>
>Our hands are uniquely human amongst other animals. The artist
>wanted to express the couple's love which they saw in the clasp
>of their human hands.

I don't understand the problem. There are plenty of snapshots of the
event for those who want literal reality. The monument is beautiful.

Swill
--
Reality is an acquired taste - Matthew Perry

Rhonda Fries

Jan 23, 2023, 10:21:14 AM1/23/23
In article <iqsrshl3kc0kb143u...@4ax.com>, governo...@gmail.com says...
This abomination is clearly a product of a low IQ, nonhuman simian. Heck, gorillas can do better
than this. An absolute monstrosity that was approved only because no cuck wanted to hurt a bootlips feelings.

It looks greasy, dirty, obscene. That appears to be the sculpture of a spook with its
head rammed up its own ass and giving it the thumbs down, you fucking coal burning
piece of shit.

--
KWills
counselor.

Governor Swill

Jan 23, 2023, 12:32:57 PM1/23/23
Surely you can troll better than this!

chuck

Jan 23, 2023, 6:53:02 PM1/23/23
On 23 Jan 2023, % <purse...@gmail.com> posted some

> TRAITOR JOE'S BIDEN BALONEY wrote:
>> Caution! Always wear ANSI approved goggles when reading posts by
>> Checkmate!
>>
>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:21:12 -0500, Rhonda Fries put forth the
>> notion that: #
>>
>>> That appears to be the sculpture of a spook with its
>>> head rammed up its own ass
>>>

>> That's what I thought it looked like too.
>>
>> Have you got the link for the sheboon shooting diarrhea two feet out
>> of her ass onto somebody's car? I didn't know that was even
>> possible, and it didn't even wipe... ewww!
>>
> is this anything

I thought she was dead.

Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

<https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-
6/279021343_10158562209929249_1938359124597792498_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-
7&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=JC5UCx1rIQcAX9hhfVV&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-
1.xx&oh=00_AfC008UpahtsNvlr3bPnaME-ujAM17Fz9A5-h37hmQgGbQ&oe=63D4C0F9>

<https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/USCOURTS-njd-3_09-cv-
05354/pdf/USCOURTS-njd-3_09-cv-05354-0.pdf>

Chimps

<https://vidmax.com/video/217297-nsfw-disgusting-homeless-woman-uses-
projectile-sh-t-as-a-weapon-to-attack-cars>

<https://thisvid.com/videos/short-public-diarrhea-explosion/>

Woke version

<https://www.instagram.com/p/B2SuIzcAUNr/?utm_source=ig_embed&utm_campaign
=embed_video_watch_again>

TRAITOR JOE'S BIDEN BALONEY

Jan 23, 2023, 9:48:26 PM1/23/23
Caution! Always wear ANSI approved goggles when reading posts by Checkmate!

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 23:53:00 -0000 (UTC), chuck put forth the notion that:
Damn! Is that how it is now? They just drop trou and shit doggy-style
anywhere? That white bitch in the grocery store was even worse! The store
didn't have a bathroom?

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2023

"its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants"

-David Keeting, in perhaps the most ironic statement
ever made on Usenet.

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

https://youtu.be/NxSj2T2vx7M

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"
https://youtu.be/obInNk448nI
kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Robert Mosley III

Jan 23, 2023, 11:16:36 PM1/23/23
On 23 Jan 2023, chuck <ch...@blackhelicopters.nuts> posted some

> On 23 Jan 2023, % <purse...@gmail.com> posted some
>
>> TRAITOR JOE'S BIDEN BALONEY wrote:
>>> Caution! Always wear ANSI approved goggles when reading posts
by
>>> Checkmate!
>>>
>>> On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 10:21:12 -0500, Rhonda Fries put forth the

>>> That's what I thought it looked like too.
>>>
>>> Have you got the link for the sheboon shooting diarrhea two feet
out
>>> of her ass onto somebody's car? I didn't know that was even
>>> possible, and it didn't even wipe... ewww!
>>>
>> is this anything
>
> I thought she was dead.
>
> Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries
>
> <https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-
> 6/279021343_10158562209929249_1938359124597792498_n.jpg?
_nc_cat=102&ccb=1-
> 7&_nc_sid=09cbfe&_nc_ohc=JC5UCx1rIQcAX9hhfVV&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-
> 1.xx&oh=00_AfC008UpahtsNvlr3bPnaME-ujAM17Fz9A5-
h37hmQgGbQ&oe=63D4C0F9>

That's not Rhonda. She's only dead from the neck down.

<http://apprhondaleahkirkfries.blogspot.com/2014/05/rhonda-leah-kirk-fries-interview.html>

TRAITOR JOE'S BIDEN BALONEY

Jan 24, 2023, 1:10:58 AM1/24/23
Caution! Always wear ANSI approved goggles when reading posts by Checkmate!

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 05:14:10 +0100, Robert Mosley III put forth the notion
that:
#

> That's not Rhonda. She's only dead from the neck down.

Neal... is that you?

KWills

Jan 25, 2023, 11:01:57 AM1/25/23
More Cracks Appear in the Already-Shaky Foundational Legacy of Bootlip Michael King (aka: Martin Luther King, Jr.)

https://nationalvanguard.org/2023/01/mlk-2023-cracks-in-the-plaster/

Four more years and the FBI tapes will come out. Communist race enabler and plagiarizer
spook will be exposed, but will media finally come tho their sense about this bootlip?
I think not, just spit out more lies about this animal.

--
Aspire to inspire before you expire.