Marine injured in Kabul airport blast says Biden tried to shake his missing hand during 'weird' hospital visit

Leroy N. Soetoro

Aug 9, 2023, 4:45:46 PM8/9/23
https://nypost.com/2023/08/08/marine-sgt-tyler-vargas-andrews-in-kabul-
airport-blast-says-biden-tried-to-shake-his-missing-hand/

A Marine injured by a suicide bomber during the US military’s chaotic 2021
withdrawal from Afghanistan described a bizarre meeting with President
Biden from his hospital bed — during which the commander-in-chief
attempted to shake his missing hand.

Sgt. Tyler Vargas-Andrews recounted the odd encounter during an appearance
on the “Shawn Ryan Show,” which aired last week.

The Marine lost his right arm and a leg as a result of the ISIS-K suicide
attack outside Abbey Gate at Kabul’s Hamid Karzai International Airport in
August 2021.

He recalled that he was so shaken by the attack, which killed 13 US
service members and more than 160 Afghans, that he couldn’t remember who
the president was moments before Biden entered his room at Walter Reed
National Military Medical Center.

“Who’s the f–king president?” Vargas-Andrews remembered thinking.

“I had no idea who the president was. I didn’t think it was Trump. I
didn’t think it was Biden. My brain couldn’t make the connection.”

Upon learning from his mother that Biden was president, Vargas-Andrews
said he “leaned back and I was like, ‘Oh, my, oh my god.’ And I was like,
‘Oh, my f–king God.’ That’s what I said. And the Secret Service dude was
just, like, beet red and, like, trying not to laugh.”

“Two minutes later, he walks in with Jill Biden and their little entourage
of people and, like, a photographer,” he said.

“Right away, I remember him coming up to me trying to shake my hand, shake
my right hand, and I look at him, and I’m like, ‘I don’t have an arm.’ My
left arm is in this big a– cast with this giant orange f–king foam block
around it. I’m completely immobile. All I can do is move my head.”

Vargas-Andrews recalled Biden saying, “Oh,” when he realized he wouldn’t
be able to shake his hand, and then stood up before attempting a different
approach.

“And then [Biden], like, goes over to reach for my fingers because about
an inch of my fingers are showing and just like grabbed my fingers.
Doesn’t say, doesn’t greet me or anything. Just, that’s what happened.
Just grabbed my fingers. And I was like, ‘OK, that’s weird,’” Vargas-
Andrews said.

The Marine says the president then “almost immediately” started talking
about his late son Beau Biden, who served in Iraq as a member of the
Delaware Army National Guard, but didn’t acknowledge the devastating Kabul
bombing, enraging the serviceman’s mother.

“Doesn’t say anything about what happened, just starts talking about how
their son served in the military,” Vargas-Andrews said.

“And my mom is just, like, she’s furious at this point. And they’re, like,
taking pictures and stuff. … My mom said that she’s, like, ‘I don’t care.
I don’t care what you guys do.’ She’s, like, ‘You better take care of him
for the rest of his life.’”

Vargas-Andrews said Biden then leaned over him and inches from his face
muttered, “What do you want?”

“I said, ‘What do you want?’ I said, ‘What?’ He said, ‘What do you want?’
I’m so confused. Man. I just got blown up. Just f–king saw my friends die
next to me. Like, I just want to be myself,” the maimed Marine remembered.

“And he’s like, ‘Huh?’ And my mom’s furious and she’s, like, ‘He just
wants to be himself. He just wants to be him. He said he just wants to be
me.’ And he goes, ‘Oh, OK.’ And they just continue to talk about
everything but what just happened. And then they just ushered him out of
the room. He didn’t know what to say,” Vargas-Andrews said of the strange
interaction.

Vargas-Andrews was one of the roughly 5,800 troops Biden sent to help
evacuate Kabul during the final weeks of the conflict.
Sgt. Tyler Andrews
Vargas-Andrews was one of the roughly 5,800 troops Biden sent to help
evacuate Kabul during the final weeks of the conflict.

In March, he described the “surreal” horror he and other US service
members saw during the evacuation at Hamid Karzai International Airport
while testifying before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

“Some Afghans turned away from [the airport] tried to kill themselves on
the razor wire in front of us that we used as a deterrent,” Vargas-Andrews
told lawmakers.

“They thought this was merciful compared to the Taliban torture that they
faced.”

“Nothing prepared us for the ground experience we were about to
encounter,” he said of the chaotic evacuation efforts after thousands of
people descended upon the airport’s main gate.

While the US and coalition forces evacuated nearly 130,000 people during
the weeks-long mission, hundreds more Americans and thousands of their
Afghan allies were left behind.

“Countless Afghans were murdered by the Taliban 155 yards in front of our
position, day and night, with only shipping containers between us and the
Taliban,” Vargas-Andrews said.

“We communicated the atrocities to our chain of command and intel assets
but nothing came [of it.]”

MyMommie Sarah
16 hours ago

It was a publicity stunt for The President and Dr Jill. The media and all
making the President look caring in his horrid withdrawal of Afghanistan.
All he could muster up was about his son Beau?? And this poor Marine who
was recently so injured and on pain medications is confused about this
entire PR thingy going on in his room. His mom just says to please take of
him and Biden asks this poor guy who knows nothing of what’s ahead for him
“ what to you want”???? Wow… Presidential material that he is! No
empathy?? No sorry, seeing how his lack of leadership and foreign policy
as well as lack of military service caused this???? Nope makes it into a
Beau moment. People actually think he should be the-elected?????

--
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so that
stupid people won't be offended.

Durham Report: The FBI has an integrity problem. It has none.

fiasco, President Trump.

queer liberal democrat donors.