Powershell Script To Uninstall Mcafee

Julieann Haveman

Dec 5, 2023, 3:12:44 PM12/5/23
Firstly, it is important that you activate your McAfee subscription before uninstalling it to secure the right to use it again without buying a new one. Follow the steps given on their official website to do so. This is only applicable to those users who had McAfee LiveSafe pre-installed on their PC. Now let us look at the methods to learn how to uninstall McAfee LiveSafe Windows 10.

Powershell Script To Uninstall Mcafee
DOWNLOAD https://urlgoal.com/2wIwW1

I'm with an MSP who uses an automation tool (Labtech, now ConnectWise Automate) to manage our remote endpoints and onboard new clients. Part of our onboarding, for those clients who sign up for it, is managed AV with ESET. We have a script that rips out most competing AV packages and replaces them with our ESET solution, but I'm updating it to include McAfee LiveSafe and having a devil of a time getting the thing to silently uninstall.

Java security exceptions are a pain. Its a setting that needs to be set for each users. You should add sites to this list sparingly but chances are that if you have any internally hosted websites that use java, one of them will need to be in the exception list. Here is a script that will add sites to java security exceptions list with powershell.

While windows update will update the VCRedist packages you have installed it will not remove the old versions. Here is a script that can be used from the SCCM scripts section. To create approve and add SCCM Scripts see this post. The script will first check to see if chocolatey is installed and will attempt to install it if not found. After that as long as chocolatey was installed successfully it will move on to looking for installs of VCRedist and will uninstall all versions found and use chocolatey to install the latest version (it will install both x64 and x86). See comments in code for a few details like where you can add or remove versions to look for.

Wireless ADB will kill itself when your phone reboots. You will need to do this step every time you reboot your phone. This is the manual way. Later in this post I will share a script that does this for us. To do this manually open an admin powershell window and path to the deskdock folder. If you followed my advice above it will be at c:\ so the command would be:

First we need to know where the profile script is located. If you are using regular powershell or VSCode the path may be different so keep that in mind. To file your profile simple run the $PROFILE variable:

Here is a quick and easy script for getting a list users group membership. Before we begin, if you need to know how to connect to Active Directory using powershell see this post. The idea is you feed a CSV file into the script that has a list of usernames in one columns like this:

If you have not heard of chocolatey, you are in luck! I will introduce you. Chocolatey is a package management tool for Windows, its a lot like apt or yum if you have used linux. With Chocolatey you can leverage powershell scripts to deploy and update apps on your local PC or remote servers or workstations. There site is here and goes into a lot more detail of how it all works: In this post I will show you a few ways that I use Chocolatey to make my life easier.

As you can see you can pretty much get all of your normal apps installed in one script. That top line is something I add to a lot a scripts that I plan on running from the actual .ps1 file. The line will check to see if the powershell session is running as admin and will reopen it as admin if not.

There are a number of devices that ship with "McAfee Small Business - PC Security" pre-installed. How can this be uninstalled silently via a script? If I run the uninstall string, I don't think it's uninstalled silently. Is there a switch to add to uninstall silently?

To get McAfee LiveSafe uninstalled on Windows 10/11, the first and simplest method is to use the Settings or Control Panel. But bear in mind that you should activate the McAfee subscription beforehand so that you have the right to use the program someday without a new subscription.

When migrating from McAfee to another antivirus, you need to uninstall McAfee Enterprise. When you have not installed it using GPO, it may become quite the task if you have a lot of clients to uninstall the product from. If you have a Windows Domain (optionally using GPO), you can do the uninstall via a logon script.

This script will display a GUI table with a list of provisioned apps in the Windows 10 image. You just need to select the UWP applications you want to uninstall (several items can be selected by holding the CTRL key) and click Ok.

Yes, McAfee is safe to keep your computer protected from offline threats like viruses and malware. McAfee products like McAfee Total Security offer advanced protection like identity theft protection, password safe, and online banking protection.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
Craig researches the latest cybersecurity trends in an ever-changing landscape to provide VPN guides, comparisons, and reviews that are easy for readers to consume.
When he's taking a break from being a Comparitech word-wizard, he spends time playing games with his baby (his power-hungry gaming PC).
His typical go-to titles are God of War, New World, and the occasional Metal Gear Solid speedrun (the best game ever, in his opinion).
When he's not gaming, he's with his family (with actual non-gaming computer babies!), enjoying days out and the occasional trip abroad.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"}}," type":"Question","name":"Is McAfee hard to uninstall?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"No, McAfee products aren't usually hard to uninstall, but it's common for software traces to be left over after the removal process. You may uninstall McAfee Total Security from your system and find that McAfee Livesafe and WebAdvisor are still there in your installed applications.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"Why can't I delete McAfee from my computer?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"If you've followed the Windows uninstall steps to remove McAfee from your computer, services like McAfee WebAdvisor may remain on your system as it's installed as a separate application. You can uninstall these apps separately or run the MCPR wizard detailed in this guide.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"How can I get rid of the McAfee Safe Connect pop-up?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"To get rid of the McAfee Safe Connect app, you'll need to uninstall the program from your computer. To do this, head to your Windows settings, navigate to Apps, locate Mcafee Safe Connect and click Uninstall to begin the removal process.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"Why is McAfee Antivirus stuck halfway?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"McAfee Antivirus Plus and other McAfee products scan your entire system for virus and malware threats, and the program may get stuck halfway or stop responding altogether. The cause for McAfee freezing during the scan process could be due to it scanning a larger file or a folder located deeper in the file system that takes longer to access. Usually, it will resolve itself, but you may need to restart the scan if it doesn't.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"Is McAfee necessary for Macs?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"While Mac devices are more secure than Windows in some ways, they are not immune to inheriting a virus infection. In fact, in 2020, malware infections soared by 1000 percent on Mac systems. For this reason, we'd advise using software like McAfee Total Security to protect your Mac.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"How long does it take to uninstall McAfee?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"Uninstalling McAfee products such as McAfee Antivirus Plus takes less than ten minutes on average to complete, although this may depend on your system specification.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"," type":"Question","name":"How to uninstall McAfee Livesafe?","answerCount":1,"acceptedAnswer":" type":"Answer","text":"The process for uninstalling McAfee Livesafe is the same as the removal process for McAfee Total Security and other products. You can remove McAfee Livesafe using the Windows removal method if it's the only product you wish to uninstall, but if there are other McAfee products to remove, we'd advise using the MCPR tool.","author":" type":"Person","name":"Craig McCart","description":"Craig McCart is a content writer and copywriter with 10+ years of experience working in cybersecurity in a corporate VPN environment. Since working for Comparitech, he's taken all of his experience and applied his knowledge to provide enjoyable and educational content.
Craig researches the latest cybersecurity trends in an ever-changing landscape to provide VPN guides, comparisons, and reviews that are easy for readers to consume.
When he's taking a break from being a Comparitech word-wizard, he spends time playing games with his baby (his power-hungry gaming PC).
His typical go-to titles are God of War, New World, and the occasional Metal Gear Solid speedrun (the best game ever, in his opinion).
When he's not gaming, he's with his family (with actual non-gaming computer babies!), enjoying days out and the occasional trip abroad.
","url":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/author\/craigmccart\/"]} " context":"http:\/\/schema.org"," type":"BreadcrumbList","itemListElement":[" type":"ListItem","position":1,"name":"Home","item":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/"," type":"ListItem","position":2,"name":"Antivirus","item":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/antivirus\/"," type":"ListItem","position":3,"name":"How to uninstall McAfee","item":"https:\/\/www.comparitech.com\/antivirus\/uninstall-mcafee\/"]AntivirusHow to uninstall McAfee We are funded by our readers and may receive a commission when you buy using links on our site. How to uninstall McAfee If you've installed McAfee on your device or it came pre-installed on your system, removing all software traces can be painful. Check out this guide to uninstall McAfee from Mac or Windows. Craig McCart UPDATED: March 26, 2022
eebf2c3492