Liberal Political Science Prof. David Epstein charged with incest with daughter (UPDATED)

Dovato

Apr 18, 2020, 5:50:02 AM4/18/20
Flashback.

The Daily News reports that political science professor David
Epstein, 46, was charged today with having a sexual relationship
with a young female relative his daughter.

He faces a single felony incest count. If convicted, he’ll face
up to four years in prison.According to the Columbia Bulletin,
Epstein is currently teaching a lecture class called “Scope and
Methods” as well as a class called “Research Topics and Game
Theory.”

According to a University spokesman, Epstein is now on
administrative leave.UPDATE (8:25 p.m.): We reached Epstein on
his cell phone, but he declined to comment on his court
appearance today.UPDATE (8:40 p.m.): According to NYPD, the
young female relative is Epstein’s daughter, age 24.

He was arrested yesterday at 11 a.m. and charged with one count
of incest in the third degree. According to police, the
relationship appears to have been consensual.

UPDATE (9:22 p.m.): A statement from Epstein’s defense lawyer,
Matthew Galluzzo: “David is a respected member of the Columbia
University and national academic communities and we think he
deserves privacy and respect while the investigators are
investigating.

We are asking people to remember that these allegations are
nothing more than allegations... We’re asking his friends in the
Columbia community to support him and give him the benefit of
the doubt.” Galluzzo also confirmed that Epstein is not in
custody anymore—he was released, and no trial date has yet been
set.

UPDATE (9:33 p.m.): Epstein is married to a tenured Columbia
professor.UPDATE (9:39 p.m.): We reached Epstein’s wife as well,
but she too declined to comment.

UPDATE (10:43 p.m.): According to a recent update to his
Facebook page, Epstein is no longer married.

https://www.columbiaspectator.com/2010/12/09/prof-david-epstein-
charged-incest-daughter-updated/

RoddyMcCorley

Apr 18, 2020, 1:17:36 PM4/18/20
On 4/18/2020 5:45 AM, Dovato wrote:
> Flashback.
>
> The Daily News reports that political science professor David
> Epstein, 46, was charged today with having a sexual relationship
> with a young female relative his daughter.

Thanks, Vlad. Things must be slow at RT this week for you to post a
10-year old story.

BTW, Epstein plead guilty to a lesser charge. And supposedly the
relationship was "consensual" and I think his daughter was 24 YO at the
time. Still disgusting.

What did you do for Cosmonauts’ Day this year?

--
On the Internet you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many
people choose to be stupid.

Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.