ALERT: University of the People SCAM UoPeople Israel

Ron Smith

Dec 16, 2023, 8:20:05 AM12/16/23
The University of the People aka UoPeople is a total scam from Israel.
See https://www.uopeople.reviews

Jo Usenet

Dec 16, 2023, 8:23:51 AM12/16/23
We were already talking about this scam here: https://groups.google.com/g/soc.college/c/s6GW0KMdNwY

From: Nick Stone

"University of the People"? Is this a joke? I wonder if the dude who came up with the name "University of the People" actually expected to be taken seriously.
No wonder the website you mentioned is mocking them. And, I must say, it makes many valid points, which the "university" refuses to address. Basically, they react by just writing zillions of fake reviews: you can easily recognize them because the whole mantra is that "UoPeople is the best university in the world".

From: Victor Garcia

Yep, there's nothing new though. Diploma mills have always been one of the severest plagues of the Internet. This "University of the People" is just a slightly more sophisticated version.