software to help you grade papers (30 day free trial available)

emarking-assistant

Apr 11, 2009, 3:18:32 AM4/11/09
Hello all,

Most of you will find that grading papers and providing substantive
feedback will take up much time unless you use tools to support the
process. Over the years I have developed software and workflow which
grayly speeds the process. The software is available as a 30 day trial
from
http://baker-evans.com/emarking-assistant
and then as a 1 year subscription ($USD20)

Feel free to send this to others who might be interested in using
eMarking Assistant.

The software is an add-in to Microsoft Word (all versions of Word for
Windows) which allows markers to quickly insert comments from a
floating toolbar. These comments can be very detailed and can contain
text, tables, images, hyperlinks, audio or anything else you can
insert into a Word document. Inserted comments can be modified and
markers can easily store new comments for future reuse. The comments
are picked from a floating comment picker toolbar by either scrolling
through a structured list or by typing the first few characters of the
comment name.

A major strength of eMarking Assistant is that comment banks can be
easily installed and used by contract markers. Existing users tend to
have several comment banks e.g. a comment bank that is shared across a
department as well as course and assignment specific comment banks.
eMarking Assistant reduces marking time, increases student
satisfaction and also reduces the need for moderation. A comment bank
focusing on academic writing is supplied. The package also contains
suggested workflow when marking electronic assignments and modifiable
marking rubrics which automatically add and rescale marks.

You can view screen images of the software and also a short
demonstration at:
http://baker-evans.com/emarking-assistant

The support site also contains links to other software and resources
relevant to marking electronic assignments

A fully functional 30 day trial is available and the software is sold
as a 12 month subscription ($USD 20) which can be installed on 2
computers. Site licenses are also available by contacting
emarking-...@baker-evans.com

Please contact me if I can be of assistance,

Peter Evans

---
Dr Peter Evans
Email: emarking-...@baker.evans.com