an odd bit of political history, and a Modest Proposal

David Weinshenker

Jan 29, 2017, 12:45:58 PM1/29/17
In "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72", Hunter S.
Thompson mentioned a "story about one of Lyndon Johnson's
early campaigns in Texas. The race was close, and Johnson
was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager
to start a massive rumor campaign about his opponent's
life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his own
barnyard sows. 'Christ, we can't get away with calling
him a pig-fucker,' the campaign manager protested.
'Nobody's going to believe a thing like that.' 'I know,'
Johnson replied. 'But let's make the sonofabitch deny it.' "

I wonder if Mr. Trump could be similarly targeted. See if
we can convince him thit there's a rumor going around to
the effect that everyone thinks he's hung like a hamster.

He won't be able to resist making an insistent public
rebuttal. Most likely on Twitter. With pictures: "Even
the President of the United States sometimes must have
to stand naked."

-dave w

The Millennium Wombat

Jan 30, 2018, 9:23:09 AM1/30/18
And there was me thinking Usenet was a Trump-free corner of the internet.

David Weinshenker

Jan 30, 2018, 9:47:16 PM1/30/18
On 01/30/2018 06:23 AM, The Millennium Wombat wrote:

> And there was me thinking Usenet was a Trump-free corner of the internet.

Sorry...! :(

-dave w