Now that's what I call YASBP 25

55 vues

Entrepreneurial Wombat

non lue,
21 sept. 2011, 16:24:5421/09/2011
The 25th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Saturday, 22 October 2016.

Just saying!

J.

0ddly Real

non lue,
29 sept. 2011, 04:25:0829/09/2011
\/\/ho gives a rat's ass...

Entrepreneurial Wombat

non lue,
30 sept. 2011, 05:21:1330/09/2011
Just me and you, so far, but it's a start.

Matthew

non lue,
30 sept. 2011, 05:29:4430/09/2011
Entrepreneurial Wombat <jimb...@gmail.com> writes:

> The 25th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Saturday, 22 October 2016.

Well beyond my planning horizon!

Matthew

--
Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum
þeodcyninga þrym gefrunon,

David Weinshenker

non lue,
3 mars 2016, 23:03:4703/03/2016
On 09/30/2011 02:29 AM, Matthew wrote:
> Entrepreneurial Wombat <jimb...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The 25th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Saturday, 22 October 2016.
>
> Well beyond my planning horizon!

Is it still? (Just in case anyone is reading?)

And did the September 2011 party actually happen?
(I saw references to such a thing planned, up to
the preceding July, but nobody appears to have made
any post-party posts!)

-dw

The Millennium Wombat

non lue,
5 mars 2016, 10:04:4005/03/2016
On Friday, 4 March 2016 04:03:47 UTC, David Weinshenker wrote:
> On 09/30/2011 02:29 AM, Matthew wrote:
> > Entrepreneurial Wombat <jimb...@gmail.com> writes:
> >
> >> The 25th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Saturday, 22 October 2016.
> >
> > Well beyond my planning horizon!
>
> Is it still? (Just in case anyone is reading?)

I definitely think it should be on the planning horizon now!

I did suggest it on the soc.biter facebook group, last September. 27 people saw it, 5 people liked the suggestion, and 4 people posted comments, one of which was Lisa suggesting holding it in London this time, in September (because she has rehearsals at weekends in October).

I'd love to see people, and I'd obviously be happy with London, but I am equally happy with NYC again as I have enough frequent flier miles to get there for free.

> And did the September 2011 party actually happen?
> (I saw references to such a thing planned, up to
> the preceding July, but nobody appears to have made
> any post-party posts!)
>
> -dw

It sure did! Sorry about the lack of posts!

It was actually more of a pinknic than a party - about 15 of us (including kids) picnicked in Morningside Park on Saturday 17 September 2011, with most of us moving on to a restaurant for early-evening nibbles after, and dim sum for Sunday brunch.

J.

Ulrich Schwarz

non lue,
5 mars 2016, 15:11:0005/03/2016
On 03/05/2016 04:04 PM, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
> On Friday, 4 March 2016 04:03:47 UTC, David Weinshenker wrote:

>>> Well beyond my planning horizon!
>>
>> Is it still? (Just in case anyone is reading?)
>
> I definitely think it should be on the planning horizon now!
>
> I did suggest it on the soc.biter facebook group, last September. 27
> people saw it, 5 people liked the suggestion, and 4 people posted
> comments, one of which was Lisa suggesting holding it in London this
> time, in September (because she has rehearsals at weekends in
> October).
>
> I'd love to see people, and I'd obviously be happy with London, but I
> am equally happy with NYC again as I have enough frequent flier miles
> to get there for free.

I have to say just the thought of NYC freaks me out, for no concrete
reason. (At least two airlines [Air Berlin¹ and Eurowings] are adding
transatlantic flights to Boston Logan to their schedules this summer,
though. Do we still have a Boston contingent reading here?)

Ulrich

¹ a.k.a. the second airline of Henry VIII

Peter Flynn

non lue,
7 mars 2016, 15:28:5607/03/2016
On 05/03/16 15:04, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
> On Friday, 4 March 2016 04:03:47 UTC, David Weinshenker wrote:

Added to diary.

>> Is it still? (Just in case anyone is reading?)

Still reading.

> I did suggest it on the soc.biter facebook group, last September. 27
> people saw it, 5 people liked the suggestion, and 4 people posted
> comments, one of which was Lisa suggesting holding it in London this
> time, in September (because she has rehearsals at weekends in October).

Missed that: I don't do bookface.

> I'd love to see people, and I'd obviously be happy with London, but I
> am equally happy with NYC again as I have enough frequent flier miles
> to get there for free.

London would be closer for me.

///Peter

The Millennium Wombat

non lue,
8 mars 2016, 13:26:3608/03/2016
On Monday, 7 March 2016 20:28:56 UTC, Peter Flynn wrote:
> On 05/03/16 15:04, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
>
> Added to diary.
>
> >> Is it still? (Just in case anyone is reading?)
>
> Still reading.
>
> > I did suggest it on the soc.biter facebook group, last September. 27
> > people saw it, 5 people liked the suggestion, and 4 people posted
> > comments, one of which was Lisa suggesting holding it in London this
> > time, in September (because she has rehearsals at weekends in October).
>
> Missed that: I don't do bookface.

You're not the only one. Open question: is there anywhere else, besides soc.bi itself and fb, where former soc.bifolk gather these days?

I was just thinking yesterday, I know of three people who used to post to soc.bi who have died in the last 5 years. We should definitely try to have YASBPs more than once every 10 years!

J.

Peter Flynn

non lue,
10 mars 2016, 19:50:0110/03/2016
On 03/08/2016 06:26 PM, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
> On Monday, 7 March 2016 20:28:56 UTC, Peter Flynn wrote:
[...]
>> Missed that: I don't do bookface.
>
> You're not the only one. Open question: is there anywhere else,
> besides soc.bi itself and fb, where former soc.bifolk gather these
> days?

There are still a few left on the BISEXU-L mailing list.

> I was just thinking yesterday, I know of three people who used to
> post to soc.bi who have died in the last 5 years. We should
> definitely try to have YASBPs more than once every 10 years!

That would be good.

///Peter

The Millennium Wombat

non lue,
2 mai 2016, 15:54:2302/05/2016
On Saturday, 5 March 2016 20:11:00 UTC, Ulrich Schwarz wrote:

> I have to say just the thought of NYC freaks me out, for no concrete
> reason. (At least two airlines [Air Berlin¹ and Eurowings] are adding
> transatlantic flights to Boston Logan to their schedules this summer,
> though. Do we still have a Boston contingent reading here?)

Guess not.

I suggested 17 September 2016 as a suitable date and nobody has objected, so I think we'll be going with that.

Any votes for specific location?

J.

David Weinshenker

non lue,
9 mai 2016, 09:38:3709/05/2016
On 03/07/2016 12:28 PM, Peter Flynn wrote:
> On 05/03/16 15:04, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
>> I did suggest it on the soc.biter facebook group, last September. 27
>> people saw it, 5 people liked the suggestion, and 4 people posted
>> comments, one of which was Lisa suggesting holding it in London this
>> time, in September (because she has rehearsals at weekends in October).
>
> Missed that: I don't do bookface.

I do; I wish I didn't... it's in many cases the only contact I still
have with friends I originally knew from else-net (incl. here) - but
I spend too many hours a day waiting for the links to donwload (and
that's just the ones from folks I have on e-mail notification:
I don't even try to "follow the feed"...)

-dave w

Peter Flynn

non lue,
13 mai 2016, 16:55:3313/05/2016
By coincidence I shall actually be in the UK that weekend but I don't
know if I'll be free to travel away from where I'm supposed to be...

///Peter

The Millennium Wombat

non lue,
22 mai 2016, 15:01:1122/05/2016
So is what you're saying, if that turns out to be the date, and if the location turns out to be convenient, and if it turns out you're free, then you'll definitely show up?

J.

Peter Flynn

non lue,
23 mai 2016, 17:25:5123/05/2016
On 05/22/2016 08:01 PM, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
[snip]
> So is what you're saying, if that turns out to be the date, and if
> the location turns out to be convenient, and if it turns out you're
> free, then you'll definitely show up?

Phht. I have been known to warp time and space to make events; but
whether I am free to do so is never predictable.

Ulrich Schwarz

non lue,
24 mai 2016, 12:24:2424/05/2016
Thank you for replacing a Talking Heads earworm with a RHPS earworm!

Ulrich

The Millennium Wombat

non lue,
7 avr. 2021, 14:28:1007/04/2021
The 30th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Friday, October 22 2021 but things aren't looking good for international travel.

Peter Flynn

non lue,
8 avr. 2021, 15:10:3708/04/2021
On 07/04/2021 19:28, The Millennium Wombat wrote:
> The 30th anniversary of soc.bi will be on Friday, October 22 2021 but
> things aren't looking good for international travel.

Indeed not. Allowing for time dilation, I must be (checks notes) about
20 years older than I was when we started.

0 nouveau message