[idea] A custom event_queue inside the agent

1 view

Yauheni Akhotnikau

Aug 17, 2023, 8:20:42 AM8/17/23
to SObjectizer
The current SObjectizer-5 lacks several features that might be considered very important to someone. For example: priority message handling or removing of old message instances that still waiting in an event_queue. Each of these problems can be solved separately by extending the SObjectizer core.

But what if SObjectizer-5 could provide a way for a user to implement such functionality?

I've posted my current idea in the Discussion section on GitHub: https://github.com/Stiffstream/sobjectizer/discussions/64

Please take a look at it if you are interested in the further SObjectizer's evolution.

The my question for me now: is there anyone who would like to see something like this in the SObjectizer-5?

If there will be such interested users, then I will dig further in this direction. I don't know if it is possible to implement something like this in SO-5.8, but if this feature is really needed, then we can start the next 5.9 branch much earlier than I expected.