Oshkosh Day 2

ernie.buenafe

Jul 24, 2024, 4:29:32 PM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to soarabq
Another full day, although we didn’t arrive until 10am. The venue provides many acres of parking.  The sky was overcast and remained such most of the day. There was a brief rain shower in the early afternoon.

Connie took in a seminar on TIG welding. She’s in the process of building an airplane from a kit…two years on now.

The afternoon air show began a little later due to the rain. One interesting demonstration was performed by a twin engine plane. If you ever saw the movie It’s A Mad Mad Mad World, you’ll remember the twin engine plane that flew through a billboard. That’s the aircraft type that was flying aerobatics.

Suddenly and silently, an F22 flying low, entered stage right without warning. I was sitting underneath a vintage C47 and had a perfect view. The next thing I saw and heard were the afterburners from the F22’s twin engines suddenly igniting, while the nose of the aircraft pitched vertically into a cobra maneuver. It was directly in front of me. It was awesome to see and hear.

An F35 and A10 followed the F22 flight demonstration with one of their own. Then, they all joined up to fly formation with a P51 (Cadillac of the sky).

IMG_1441.jpeg
Resized_20240723_173201.jpeg