Oshkosh Day 1

ernie.buenafe

Jul 23, 2024, 10:03:45 AM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to soarabq
The flag parachute drop kicked off the flying. There were at least seven aerobatic demonstrations. The red biplane pictured was the first. It featured  jet assist which gave it an impressive ability to climb vertical with ease. And yes, nearly all the pilots performed the Lomvecak maneuver flawlessly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c86b2ciLvHurZJ4CzJNSGzDlFko4FBrU/view?usp=drivesdk
IMG_1433.jpeg

ernie.buenafe

Jul 23, 2024, 2:10:16 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to soarabq
Apart from the flight line itself, the venue that is Oshkosh is huge. I mean huge. Total attendance this year sets a record at 667,000. That’s nine times the population of the host city. So the economic impact is significant.

As we exited the EAA museum to board the buses, the first thing one sees is a replica of The Spirit of Saint Louis. The original is housed at The Smithsonian in DC.

IMG_1414.jpeg

Rocky Stone

Jul 23, 2024, 5:01:03 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I, for one, am enjoying the play-by-play, Ernie!

On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:10 PM ernie.buenafe <ernie....@gmail.com> wrote:
Apart from the flight line itself, the venue that is Oshkosh is huge. I mean huge. Total attendance this year sets a record at 667,000. That’s nine times the population of the host city. So the economic impact is significant.

As we exited the EAA museum to board the buses, the first thing one sees is a replica of The Spirit of Saint Louis. The original is housed at The Smithsonian in DC.

Terry Pierce

Jul 23, 2024, 5:08:58 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to soa...@googlegroups.com

dona...@comcast.net

Jul 23, 2024, 10:19:21 PM (3 days ago) Jul 23
to soa...@googlegroups.com

Ernie, I suggest you take Connie to a Wisconsin Perch Fish Fry. The fish is outstanding. The locals can point you in the right direction. I remember one restaurant on the northeast corner of Oshkosh.

Don Kawal