Very Sad News

Greg McGill

Jan 17, 2023, 4:29:15 PM1/17/23
to soarabq
I received a call today from the daughter of Chris Pyle.  She informed me today that her father has passed away from the effects of pancreatic cancer.  I will miss him a great deal.

She said that her father instructed her to call me to make all his "glider stuff" available to members of the Albuquerque Soaring Association.  I have an appointment with her at Chris' house for Thursday at 1300.

What I need from the club at this time is the presence of at least two more members, including a Club Officer, to be there with me. We will look over all that encompasses "glider stuff".  It will be informal, and we will take nothing away ourselves.  If the situation warrants, a more specific survey can follow.  I have done this sort of thing several times, now, including for Buzz Averill, and we can help Chris' survivors a great deal.

I need help for this. Please call, text or email me if you can help.  You need to be able to devote the afternoon of Thursday, January 19.  We will not take anything at this time, nor buy anything - just estimate the extent of the task before us and make further arrangements with Chris' daughter.

Please, at this time, no one else intrude upon Chris family, trying to deal with a sad situation.  Chris' body is to be cremated, and his remains returned to Tennessee for a private, family service.  His daughter will be returning to Albuquerque in March, to settle the estate.  Our goal is to help her deal with her father's things in a graceful  way.

Yours, Greg

Carris Mike

Jan 17, 2023, 5:08:13 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Oh no!

Terry Tombaugh

Jan 17, 2023, 6:29:50 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Oh my gosh, that is sad news. Chris was an interesting guy. Hadn't  seen him since way last year or maybe earlier but that type of cancer works fast, I've heard. Can't make it on that date but good luck on that task. 😢

--
Terry

Terry Pierce

Jan 17, 2023, 6:39:32 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Oh my God. This is such a shock. We spent a lot of time with Chris over the past few years. Give me a call if I can help.

Terry Pierce

Paul 60 Flyer

Jan 17, 2023, 6:52:39 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
This news is hard to swallow for myself personally, not only was Chris a great pilot he also was a great mentor. I loved picking his knowledge and applied it to further my skills, my prayers go out to his daughter and family. Chris you will be greatly missed.

Jay Nimmo

Jan 17, 2023, 6:53:45 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
To so sad to loose a friend like Chris, he was a wonderful mentor.

On Jan 17, 2023, at 2:29 PM, Greg McGill <glide...@gmail.com> wrote:

W A

Jan 17, 2023, 7:29:15 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Wow what a shock.  I am really going to miss Chris!  So sad.

Will help if you need it Greg.

Bill Adams

Efrain Vila

Jan 17, 2023, 8:15:15 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
So sad to hear of Chris passing. He was a good friend and will be missed by all who knew him.
Please pass our condolences to his daughter.
efrain

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023, 2:29 PM Greg McGill <glide...@gmail.com> wrote:

Jan Ciesko (private GMAIL)

Jan 17, 2023, 8:46:39 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I am returning from travel on Thursday night and would like to help in any way possible, from Friday on. Chris was a fantastic person and I miss him as well.

Bill Becher

Jan 17, 2023, 8:52:39 PM1/17/23
to soarabq
Sorry to hear about  seapea
Bill

VINCE AIELLO

Jan 17, 2023, 9:55:03 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
There will forever be a hole in the sky where his epitome of soaring perfection once resided. Chris was an extraordinary father. friend, and sportsman. Fly high my friend....

Toby Herrera

Jan 17, 2023, 10:17:52 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I am saddened to hear this. Chris was a kind soul with such a helping and happy heart. I will always remember Chris for his intoxicating smile and happy demeanor. If the spirit of soaring had a personality Chris embodied it. My heart felt prayers and condolences go out to his family and all of us that knew him well. Rest in Peace friend.

Sent from my iPhone

Rocky Stone

Jan 17, 2023, 11:33:10 PM1/17/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
This is incredibly sad news. Chris was loved and respected. He was always willing to help and to offer guidance and expertise. We marveled at his innovations. He had a great character and a big heart.
We'll sure miss him.

Albertus de Wet

Jan 18, 2023, 6:38:43 AM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
With much sadness of this news, I do miss Chris already. The knowledge and time that he spent with me at the field (as a new club member) was just undescribable and valued, beyond words.

His friendly smile and invigorating personallity certainly will leave a big hole at the flying field.

My thoughts goes out to his daughter, family and dear friends.

Bert

Donald Kawal

Jan 18, 2023, 10:36:18 AM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com

Greg, I will like to help.

Chris was a skilled pilot and modeler. He was always available to help.

Don K

Richard Dick

Jan 18, 2023, 2:29:01 PM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Greg,

I am available to help Thursday.

Richard D.

Richard Dick

Jan 18, 2023, 2:37:24 PM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I'm very saddened by Chris" death. He was such a kind man, ready to help, and just a fine person as well as a good modeler.

Richard D.

Greg McGill

Jan 18, 2023, 3:58:27 PM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to all the offers for help.

There will be many tasks coming up soon, but for now, the persons meeting with Felicity (Chris's duaghter's name) will be myself (as the person first contacted), Richard Shagam (as a Club officer) and Don Kawal (as a person with some legal knowledge).  This first meeting is strictly to establish a working relationship with Felicity, and to get an idea of the size of the task.

After the meeting, one of us will put out an announcement of what Felicity's desires are, and that will drive the next set of tasks.  No matter how things turn out tomorrow, there will be a need for some serious sorting and hauling.

Thanks again, everyone.

Yours, Greg

Jay Nimmo

Jan 18, 2023, 8:18:17 PM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com

Derrick L

Jan 18, 2023, 9:05:12 PM1/18/23
to soarabq
This is very shocking and sad. He will be missed.

Derrick.

Dan Tandberg

Jan 18, 2023, 10:02:24 PM1/18/23
to soarabq
I will help thursday.

Rocky Stone

Jan 18, 2023, 10:38:31 PM1/18/23
to soa...@googlegroups.com

tjt...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2023, 5:29:15 PM1/20/23
to soarabq
Extremely sad.  Chris was a great asset to ASA and individually to each member.