Radio Shack

john chase

Apr 10, 2017, 12:41:07 PM4/10/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com

Went to RS to get a switch for my TX and discovered that they are about to go out of business………………. Been shopping with them for a long time will miss the store

Looks like it’s a national thing.

John Chase

505-350-7786

ROBERT J GALLER

Apr 10, 2017, 1:13:59 PM4/10/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I know. Don't think we have one on west side for some years.  They may keep online ordering going.

Bob

Matthew Aurand

Apr 10, 2017, 1:38:12 PM4/10/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Use mouser.com or digikey.com John. I can help you if you need it - there is overwhelming selection unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

I may even have what you need just sitting around the lab.

-Matt

john chase

Apr 10, 2017, 3:57:41 PM4/10/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com

Tanks Matt.  my switch A on Spektrum DX 9,  the tab broke off when my 52 oz can of bud lite beer fell over and knocked the TX on the floor …….. not.

It’s an on off micro type I asked Skyler to get one from Horizon but if you have one all the better

stan.j...@comcast.net

Apr 10, 2017, 4:09:07 PM4/10/17
to ASA, soarabq
John,

Unless Horizon has changed their policy regarding TX parts they won't send us anything like switches.  They will say you must send it in for service.  That's about $25.00 postage round trip, $35 an hour labor plus parts.  All for a $5 switch.

We have some Futaba switches at the shop and Electronic Parts on Rhode Island North of Menaul has dozens of switches in stock.  Problem is that the diameter of the mounting barrel and the solder lug spacing on the switches might not be the same.  The solder lug spacing on the switch is particularly important if the switch is mounted on a small PC board inside the TX.

Good luck,
Stan

Apr 10, 2017, 4:26:42 PM4/10/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com
I went to the shop on Menaul this morning they had only one switch that might work. These switches just hang from the plastic from the retainer ring no circuit board. Its actually Rhode Island st

John Chase

stan.j...@comcast.net

Apr 10, 2017, 4:30:21 PM4/10/17
to ASA, soarabq
That's good news.  The last time I asked for a switch they refused to send one.  I guess someone figured out they needed to change their policy.

Apr 13, 2017, 11:03:35 AM4/13/17
to soa...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, the Radio Shack at San Mateo & Academy is still open and has a 50% off sale , but still has a good selection of parts. They don't know when they are closing....

Terry