Frequency Interference Update

1 view

Mark Stockton

Feb 22, 2008, 12:36:40 AM2/22/08
to mg...@yahoogroups.com, soar...@googlegroups.com
From: "Dave Armitage" <darm...@iafrica.com>
To: "Percy Attfield - BCX - RSO Mngd" <Percy.A...@bcx.co.za>, "Mark
Stockton" <ma...@linuxworx.co.za>, "Crankshaw Phillip"
<PCran...@oldmutual.com>, "Lionel Brink" <lione...@perago.com>
Cc: <polypr...@telkomsa.net>
Sent: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:11:33 +0200
Subject: Re: Frequency Interference

Hi Guys,
I do have some news but not quite all our problems have been reported back on
as yet.

Midrand Soarers field
This has now been declared free of interference.
ICASA have in fact done two furthur surveys and on both occasions there was no
35 MHz interference from the ESKOM site.

Four Wheel Drive Club.
It has been stated verbally to me that these users have now been migrated to
40 MHz as of 31 Dec 2007. I am still awaiting the written confirmation.

George Interference
I have been in contact with the supervisor in charge of monitoring. He advises
me that though they are very busy they should be able to get a monitoring
vehicle to George very soon. He is not prepared to give a direct date but it
will be made known to me very probably next week. I will of course advise Deon
and Phillip immediately so personal contact can be made.

2.4 GHz
ICASA have stated that they want all 2.4 GHz equipment coming into the country
to be Type Approved by them.
I am putting a statement together regarding this fact and will bounce it off
the Frequency committee before it is passed out to all dealers and importers,
be they SAADA members or not. It will also go into SAMAA News.
ICASA are happy to accept other models within a manufacturers range as type
approved providing one model has been approved and the manufacturer gives
written proof that the transmitting stages are set up to, or are identical to,
the original approved equipment
Horizon Hobbies (USA) have forwarded a letter stating that the Spektrum sets
made for use in the USA are illegal for use in a whole list of European
countries. South Africa tops that list. A copy of this letter will also be
forwarded to all dealers and importers. This should happen within the next few
days.
Regards
Dave