F3K Entries and more.

Mark Stockton

Oct 29, 2007, 2:32:06 AM10/29/07
to mg...@yahoogroups.com, soar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steph

I've had the following two entries SMS'd to me, will you please add them to
the list for Saturday.

The first is Simon Clarke who is visiting from the UK and brought his Aspirin
with. He can fly on the following spots 62 (35.020), 64 (35.040) and 74 (35.140).

Secondly John Monk asked me to post his entry, he is flying on 35.060 or
35.070. I think John might be flying a new model as he said something about
"fitting out" on the phone last night.

An interesting side note, this will be the 3rd event this year where an
International competitor has flown. Does anyone know if any other discipline
within SAMAA can say the same?

Kurt said he would be happy to CD if required. However I'm withdrawing the
offer if I need to bring my own helper / time keeper.

Lastly will you please let me know what tasks you intend us flying if you want
me to do the scoring.

Regards

Mark
aypwip.blogspot.com

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits."
-- Albert Einstein

Stephane

Oct 29, 2007, 3:29:53 AM10/29/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com, mg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Mark,

It is good news that Simon and John can join us, it looks like we are
going to have a fun and exciting event! Thanks to Kurt for offering to
be our CD. You will not need him as a caller as each pilot can draw a
no. from a hat on the day and I will assign the no. to a matrix so that
we will have two slots per round and we can call for each other.

The Entry list so far:

1. John Monk 35.060 / 35.070
2. Mark Stockton 35,250 / 35,100
3. Stephane Duponsel 35,140 / 35,200
4. Alan Smith 53,300/600
5. Simon Clarke 62 (35.020), 64 (35.040) and 74 (35.140)

Waiting in anticipation for:
6. Volney Klintworth 35.240 ?
7. Lessem, Ian 35.120?
8. Craig Goodrum?
9. Anton Coetzee?

Thanks for the offer to do the scoring. We will fly:

Round 1:

Task B (Last flight)

Round 2:

Task C (Next to last and last flight)

Round 3:

Task H (Increasing time by 15 seconds):

Round 4:

Task J (3 out of 6):

Round 5:

Task M (Five longest flights- two minutes max time per flight))

Round 6:

Task P (A one, two, three and four minute flight, any order)

Do you know who has the PA system that we used last time, is it Lionel?

Cheers,
Stephane

Mark Stockton

Oct 29, 2007, 5:06:43 AM10/29/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com, mg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi

Yes, Lionel has the PA as well as the MP3 player. It is important that we use
the MGA mp3 player as I don't have the F3K timing track on my iPod, because
media format issues.

I also bet the mp3 players batteries need charging.

Regards

Mark
aypwip.blogspot.com

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits."
-- Albert Einstein

------- End of Original Message -------

Mark Stockton

Oct 30, 2007, 2:31:25 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com, mg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Steph

I got an entry from Lionel Smith SMS'd to me this morning, his frequency
35.160 or 35.020.

Regards

Mark
aypwip.blogspot.com

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits."
-- Albert Einstein

Simon Clarke 62 (35.020), 64 (35.040) and 74 (35.140)

Volney Klintworth 35.240
Lionel Smith 35.160 or 35.020

Come on guys, one more and we have an even 8!

Mark Stockton

Oct 30, 2007, 2:51:51 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com
Where is the F3K National Champ?

Stephane

Oct 30, 2007, 3:14:06 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com
I don't know, who is it again?

Mark Stockton

Oct 30, 2007, 3:26:17 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to remember. I get the distinct impression he doesn't like flying
against you, me and Alan. I'm not sure why.

Craig

Oct 30, 2007, 5:48:21 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com
Spending time with his son.

Mark Stockton

Oct 30, 2007, 6:06:17 AM10/30/07
to soar...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure his son is also welcome at Silverton.

John Monk

Oct 31, 2007, 7:03:59 AM10/31/07
to mg...@yahoogroups.com, soar...@googlegroups.com
Mark said "I think John might be flying a new model as he said something about

"fitting out" on the phone last night"

Don't get excited/concerned, unfortunately (for me) my new model is a slightly heavier but stronger version of my old one, "Knip". You see there were these poles supporting some nets at the local soccer field... :-)

JM

>>> "Mark Stockton" <ma...@linuxworx.co.za> 29/10/2007 08:32 >>>

and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.