F3K league

1 view

Stephane

Feb 25, 2008, 5:35:42 AM2/25/08
to mgasa, soar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all F3K pilots,

We will be having our next f3k league event on Sunday the 9th of March
at the Groengoud flying field. We start at 9am, pilot's briefing at 8:30.

Yes, I am am aware that it is not the same day as indicated on the
flying calendar. We thought we would try alternating between Saturdays
and Sundays to make it more flexible for all.

Please send in your entries if you intend participating.

Cheers,
Stephane

Mark Stockton

Feb 25, 2008, 6:09:03 AM2/25/08
to soar...@googlegroups.com, mgasa, Alan Smith
I'm there like a bear.

I'll fly F3K open on 35.250.

Kurt will fly micro F3K on either 35.100 or 35.170.

If possible I'd like to enter micro F3K as well, if the matrix allow's.
However my focus is F3K. (Hey Alan who do you think would win a Fling vs Nemo
challenge between us?)

Regards

Mark

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's
limits."
-- Albert Einstein

------- End of Original Message -------

Stephane

Feb 25, 2008, 6:23:07 AM2/25/08
to mg...@yahoogroups.com, soar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig and all,

I guess that is why we have a pre-scheduled calendar, not very fair on
you who has planned around this. This concept that we want to alternate
days is not set in stone and is something that the very small group of
regular F3K pilots have been talking about doing. I feel that maybe we
should stick to Saturday this time and I can update the calendar so that
all can plan in advance for next time? We have BERG available for
Saturday afternoon.

If I can have a show of hands who intends participating and weather you
could make it Saturday or Sunday or both so that we can accommodate as
many pilots please?

Stephane

Craig Goodrum wrote:
> Hi Stephan,
>
> Bummer, I arranged to have Saturday available for the F3K event. AMT is
> exhibiting at the Hobby X at the Dome and I swapped my Saturday slot for a
> Sunday one.
>
> I am therefore unable to make the Sunday event, sorry
>
> Craig

Mark Stockton

Feb 25, 2008, 7:01:42 AM2/25/08
to soar...@googlegroups.com, mg...@yahoogroups.com
Hi Steph

Kurt and I are happy with either.

For perspective, the alternating dates (Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning)
was proposed by Volney as he and John Monk (I think it was) wanted an
opportunity to fly in calmer conditions.

Like you I prefer the more robust afternoon conditions.