WSDL Compare - Operation focused point of view?

D Hartford

Jul 12, 2016, 9:34:45 AM7/12/16
to Membrane SOA Model
Hi all,
great library!

Did a quick bootstrap maven project and was working in a few minutes!

Usecase: Want to embed directly into my applications, where an application is expecting a specific WSDL contract, but focus on the Operation point-of-view as it may only be a couple of methods we are concerned with, rather than reviewing the entire WSDL comparison. The problem comes up that Operations are separate from Definitions in the Membrane Difference object....

A question that may end up being enhancement request, but want to make sure I'm not missing something that already exists:

------
1) Is there an operation-focused point of view, such that it doesn't matter if a complex-object element name changes that is referenced as an Input/Output, and instead shift the detailed definition changes to be directly within the Input/Output section of the Operation (even if it repeats across multiple operations)?

*ignore 'Element XYZ->The type of element 'XYZ' changed from s0:Type1 to s0:Type2';  from an implementation point of view, don't care that the name of Type1 changed to Type2 for validation checking, instead:

*add directly along the lines of 'Element XYZ->The type of element 'XYZ' with Element Type1Field1 with minOccurs 0 removed from position 12.

------

Ideally, something as a shift from WsdlDiffGenerator.compare()  to WsdlDiffGenerator.operationCompare(), and return an OperationDifference that has the rotated point-of-view?  Or is there some magic in the Difference results lists that would make it easy to see the deltas/changes of a specific Operation has changed (including the definitions of the complex types)?

-D

Thomas Bayer

Jul 13, 2016, 12:50:10 PM7/13/16
to soa-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

have a look at the WSDL Analyzers view. Maybe that is what you are looking for. Under the following URL you will find a comparison between two WSDL versions. Also have a look at the modification links:

https://www.wsdl-analyzer.com/diff/show/2023352896?version=1&modifiedVersion=2

Cheers,

Thomas

D Hartford

Jul 20, 2016, 1:28:19 PM7/20/16
to Membrane SOA Model, in...@predic8.de
Hi Thomas,
That looks very close to what I'm looking for, but I don't see how I can embed it within an application. I don't see where this may exist, I only see items such as https://github.com/membrane/soa-model that was my original example, but don't see anything for wsdl-analyzer.

The usecase was to embed into an application with the 'gold' WSDL file to allow built-in comparison within the application between the 'gold' and the configured runtime service to ensure compatibility.

-D

Thomas Bayer

Jul 21, 2016, 2:24:25 AM7/21/16
to soa-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

SOA Model will give you a data structure describing the differences or the commandline tools a simple HTML report. WSDL Analyzer is build on top oft hat. WSDL-Analyzer is closed code but you are free to use the SOA Model for your own visualisations.

Cheers,

Thomas