Fwd: open snp data cleanup

Bastian Greshake

Mar 13, 2015, 4:41:50 PM3/13/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,
Mike of SNPedia pointed out that some files on openSNP are broken/not genotyping files/whatever. The list is below. I would say we keep the MT-only files and get rid of the rest, which is clearly useless. What do you think?

Cheers,
Bastian

Begin forwarded message:

                   #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/3284.23andme.2136'),  #JFIF                          #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/3207.23andme.2089'), MT only
                   #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/3192.23andme.2073'), MT only
                   #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/3370.23andme.2187'), MT only
                   #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/1004.23andme.2228'),
                   #RemoteFile('https://opensnp.org/data/3397.23andme.2214'),

signature.asc

Philipp Bayer

Mar 16, 2015, 11:49:57 AM3/16/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yeah we should delete these ones, but maybe send a mail to users first
to see what they wanted to do? I've deleted a few ones in the past
that were just JPGs (not even embedded hidden data! Too small, so
disappointed) and sent mails to the users, IIRC one user re-uploaded
the correct one, the other never replied

Philipp
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "SNPr development" group. To unsubscribe from this
> group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com>. To post to
> this group, send email to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com>. Visit this group at
> visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Bastian Greshake

Mar 16, 2015, 11:56:13 AM3/16/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Okay, so far I deleted the one that was just a screenshot, because besides the 23andme-results there were other privacy sensitive things to see on the screenshot and I wasn’t sure whether the user intended it this way, so I chose the quick route.

I will contact the people in any case.

Cheers,
Bastian
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com.
signature.asc

Philipp Bayer

Mar 16, 2015, 11:56:48 AM3/16/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Great thank you :)
Philipp

Bastian Greshake

Mar 16, 2015, 12:23:08 PM3/16/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Okay, emails went out to the people. Let's see whether we hear back. :-)