advertising this phenotype

Bastian Greshake

Mar 17, 2015, 12:07:46 PM3/17/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,
we now have this cute phenotype on openSNP: https://opensnp.org/phenotypes/338#description (thanks to @Mikey_Whitehead) and I think it might be cool to advertise this one for getting a larger number of people give that information.

It’s still a rather trendy topic and not too privacy invasive, so lots of people might enter it. Might give a nice example of how the data could be used. Do you think we should send out a newsletter to advertise it?

Cheers,
Bastian
signature.asc

Philipp Bayer

Mar 17, 2015, 12:12:12 PM3/17/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
That's a nice idea, I've RT'd your tweet so far, we could send out a
newsletter once we got 2 or 3 things to talk about - any ideas?
> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> Google Groups "SNPr development" group. To unsubscribe from this
> group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com>. To post to
> this group, send email to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com>. Visit this group at
> visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Bastian Greshake

Mar 17, 2015, 12:19:31 PM3/17/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
There's not too much we have to say right now I guess, because limited things have happened. The survey amongst the users is not ready yet and the same is true for the anosmia study.

To enrich it a bit we could ask people to send us their favorite phenotypes. Or we search a couple of nice ones which we add to the email?

Bastian Greshake

Mar 19, 2015, 2:06:36 PM3/19/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
I started a pad for writing the newsletter: https://gedankenstuecke.piratenpad.de/opensnp-newsletter-2015-1

Feel free to add your topics. :-)

Cheers,
Bastian

Philipp Bayer

Mar 22, 2015, 8:06:40 AM3/22/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

turns out, 23andMe already published "their" results on color perception
with that picture:
http://blog.23andme.com/23andme-research/genetics-and-that-striped-dress/

n=25,000, jealous

We could link to that blog post?

On 19.03.2015 19:06, Bastian Greshake wrote:
> I started a pad for writing the
> newsletter: https://gedankenstuecke.piratenpad.de/opensnp-newsletter-2015-1
>
> Feel free to add your topics. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Bastian
>
> On 17 March 2015 at 17:12, Philipp Bayer <phili...@gmail.com
> <mailto:phili...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> That's a nice idea, I've RT'd your tweet so far, we could send out a
> newsletter once we got 2 or 3 things to talk about - any ideas?
>

> On 17.03.2015 17:07, Bastian Greshake wrote:
> > Hey there, we now have this cute phenotype on openSNP:
> > https://opensnp.org/phenotypes/338#description (thanks to
> > @Mikey_Whitehead) and I think it might be cool to advertise this
> > one for getting a larger number of people give that information.
> >
> > It’s still a rather trendy topic and not too privacy invasive, so
> > lots of people might enter it. Might give a nice example of how the
> > data could be used. Do you think we should send out a newsletter to
> > advertise it?
> >
> > Cheers, Bastian
> >
> > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
> > Google Groups "SNPr development" group. To unsubscribe from this
> > group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> > snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:snpr-developme...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-development%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>. To post to
> > this group, send email to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com>>. Visit this group at
> > visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> --

Bastian Greshake

Mar 22, 2015, 7:40:07 PM3/22/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
You mean inside that email? Sure, why not!

Cheers,
Bastian

Bastian Greshake

Mar 23, 2015, 12:12:00 PM3/23/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
I just edited it into the email. I think by now it's enough text to make it okay to send it out. ;-)

I'll by in the US until next Sunday and only have spotty internet connectivity on the conference premises and in my hotel room, so it would be nice if someone else sends it out if we decide to do it. :-)

Philipp Bayer

Mar 23, 2015, 2:17:16 PM3/23/15
to snpr-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm gone tomorrow too for the rest of the week, no clue about quality of
Internet