is the ip lookup database updated automatically?

Daniel Weitzenfeld

Mar 30, 2016, 4:46:11 PM3/30/16
to Snowplow
Hi,

I'm wondering if the snowplow team keeps this ip lookup database up to date, or if it's something I need to do on my own somehow....?
This is in my ip_lookups.json:

                "parameters": {

                        "geo": {

                                "database": "GeoLiteCity.dat",

                                "uri": "http://snowplow-hosted-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/third-party/maxmind"

                        }

                }

Thanks,
Dan

Ihor Tomilenko

Mar 30, 2016, 6:11:23 PM3/30/16
to Snowplow
Hi Daniel,

The database is maintained by MaxMind and updated on monthly bases by them. We host a copy of that database and run a monthly script to keep it up-to-date with the original.

Regards,
Ihor

dweitz...@managedbyq.com

Mar 30, 2016, 6:15:46 PM3/30/16