EMR ETL Runner Issue

Tom Crinson

Apr 4, 2016, 7:55:48 AM4/4/16
to Snowplow
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help shed some light on an odd event we saw last.

We are having an issue with an event being loaded into Redshift. The column at fault is the domain_sessionidx which is an int2, but the value coming in is 1459708200, way too big for that column type. Other things are off about this event, the user fingerprint is tiny: 292 and the domain userid is 35d514. Furthermore, there appear to be events from the same user (same ip address, referrer urls etc) that have perfectly valid events. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause this? It's a mobile user.

I hope that's enough detail, but do let me know if more is required and I can provide what I can.

Thanks

Tom

Yali Sassoon

Apr 4, 2016, 10:03:30 PM4/4/16
to Snowplow
Hi Tom,

Is it a visitor on the mobile web? It sounds like an event generated by a bot - bots sometimes don't have the JS libraries you'd expect in a normal browser, causing the different methods in the JS tracker to return non-sensical values....

Tom Crinson

Apr 5, 2016, 3:53:13 AM4/5/16
to Snowplow
Hi Yali,

Thanks for getting back to me. It is a mobile web visitor yes, is that typically indicative of bots?

Thanks

Tom