sun-java6-jre need non-free

Josh Logan

May 4, 2012, 12:17:15 PM5/4/12
to snoozesoftware

If you are trying to install this on Debian make sure you add non-free
to your package list.

Debian SID still had problems finding the package, but I was able to
install then from .DEB files found online:

wget http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/sun-java6/sun-java6-jre_6.26-0squeeze1_all.deb
wget http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/sun-java6/sun-java6-bin_6.26-0squeeze1_amd64.deb

dpkg -i sun-java6*.deb
apt-get -f install

Eugen Feller

May 4, 2012, 12:25:28 PM5/4/12
to snoozes...@googlegroups.com
Thnx for the advice.

ferdi s. a.

May 22, 2012, 4:38:04 AM5/22/12
to snoozesoftware
hello im a student and new in here. Iam still try to install snooze on
mw pc.
is it okay if i use PPA to install java. i try this

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sun-java-community-team/sun-java6
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-bin

On May 4, 11:17 pm, Josh Logan <joshtlo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are trying to install this on Debian make sure you add non-free
> to your package list.
>
> Debian SID still had problems finding the package, but I was able to
> install then from .DEB files found online:
>
> wgethttp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/sun-java6/sun-java6-j...
> wgethttp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/sun-java6/sun-java6-b...

Eugen Feller

May 22, 2012, 9:02:30 AM5/22/12
to snoozes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ferdi,

On 22/05/12 10:38, ferdi s. a. wrote:
> hello im a student and new in here. Iam still try to install snooze on
> mw pc.
> is it okay if i use PPA to install java. i try this
>
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sun-java-community-team/sun-java6
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt
this should work .