Trace starting from high cycle count

Nikhil Bhave

Jul 28, 2021, 10:20:43 AM7/28/21
to Sniper simulator
Hello

While trying to generate a trace file from Sniper in order to feed it to NVMain, we modified the sniper source code slightly(in the file dram_cntrl.cc) to back-calculate the number of cycles from time elapsed. Here is the code we used:

double second = now.getFS() / pow(10, 15);
double cycle = second * pow(10, 9) * 2.6;

Here, cycle is the variable that should ideally give us the cycle count. However, when we compiled and ran sniper with parsec benchmark, we got a very high starting cycle count, approximately 340,000. What could be the reason for this?

Minh Sơn Lê

Apr 4, 2023, 3:50:57 AM4/4/23
to Sniper simulator
Hello, I have the same problem. Have you had a solution for this?

Thank you!

Vào lúc 23:20:43 UTC+9 ngày Thứ Tư, 28 tháng 7, 2021, Nikhil Bhave đã viết:
Message has been deleted