LLC access trace

SWAPNIL BHOSALE

Nov 8, 2016, 7:32:24 PM11/8/16
to Sniper simulator
Hi,

I am trying to get a trace of LLC/L3 accesses in a text file by using the basic file operations as shown below-
 void CacheCntlr::accessCache(
      Core::mem_op_t mem_op_type, IntPtr ca_address, UInt32 offset,
      Byte* data_buf, UInt32 data_length, bool update_replacement)
{
   ofstream myfile;
   switch (mem_op_type)
   {
      case Core::READ:
      case Core::READ_EX:
if(! m_next_cache_cntlr)
         {
    /****** Getting accesses to LLC in myfile  **********/
  myfile.open ("example2.txt", fstream::out | fstream::app);
  myfile << ca_address << "\t" << ShmemPerfModel::_USER_THREAD << "\n";
  myfile.close();
}
I inserted the above code snippet in "cache_cntlr.cpp" file under the function "void CacheCntlr::accessCache()" to get the LLC access trace. However, the text file named "example2.txt" is not getting created. Could you please help me with this?

Wim Heirman

Nov 13, 2016, 4:06:11 AM11/13/16
to snip...@googlegroups.com
Hi Swapnil,

The accessCache function is only used in the L1. You'll want to put your code in CacheCntlr::processShmemReqFromPrevCache instead.

Regards,
Wim

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sniper simulator" group.

Zilmarij Iqbal

Jul 11, 2021, 3:55:59 AM7/11/21
to Sniper simulator
Hi,

I am trying to do the same with NUCA as the last level cache. Cache_cntlr.cc doesn't seem the right place to start off.
What is the right place I must search for?

Thanks,
Zilmarij Iqbal

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/snipersim?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sniper simulator" group.