Re: [snipersim] is it possible to create a log print from network model?

Madhuri G

Sep 20, 2018, 3:33:29 AM9/20/18
to snip...@googlegroups.com
heelo i am new to sniper . can u help me in implementing victim replication in sniper
thanks in adavnce.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 4:43 PM Alemeh Ghasemi <alemeh....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am beginner at sniper, I have installed it successfully and run splash2 benchmarks fft using gainestown config file.
I have two questions and I would appreciate if you help me:

1- if I want to use NoC mesh hp-by-hop for interconnection instead of bus, is it right to replace following lines:

[network]
memory_model_1 = bus
memory_model_2 = bus
[network/bus]
bandwidth = 25.6 # in GB/s. Actually, it's 12.8 GB/s per direction and per connected chip pair
ignore_local_traffic = true # Memory controllers are on-chip, so traffic from core0 to dram0 does not use the QPI links

in gainestown file with these following lines?

[network]
memory_model_1 = emesh_hop_by_hop
[network/emesh_hop_by_hop]
hop_latency = 2            # Per-hop latency in core cycles
link_bandwidth = 64        # Per-link, per-direction bandwidth in bits/cycle
dimensions = 1             # Mesh dimensions (1 for line/ring, 2 for mesh/torus)
wrap_around = true         # Has wrap-around links? (false for line/mesh, true for ring/torus)
concentration = 1          # Number of cores per network interface (must be >= last-level-cache/shared_cores)

2- I also want to print out a log from network model mesh hop-by-hop. For instance I want to count the number of packets passing through the network and print it out into a log file.
I did not succeed to print any log from NoC model by adding following line in createqueuemodel function :

NetworkModelEMeshHopByHop::createQueueModels(String name)
{
   SubsecondTime min_processing_time = m_link_bandwidth.getPeriod();
   LOG_PRINT("###################################this is a log test ##############################");
}

Thank you in advance.
Alemeh,

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sniper simulator" group.

Job

Feb 20, 2023, 3:08:17 AM2/20/23
to Sniper simulator
Hi Madhuri,

I have the same question(the second question) as yours.  Have you solved this problem now?

Could you please give me some hints? Thanks in advance.

Best Wishes,
Job