Writes to last level cache

ah71...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2018, 12:54:03 PM6/13/18
to Sniper simulator
Hello sniper team,

I am trying to model a PCM last level cache using sniper. PCM has different latencies for performing a write depending on whether a bit 1 or bit 0 is being written. I was wondering it is possible to know in cache_cntlr.cc whether or not a write is writing a bit 1 or bit 0 (so I can specify the correct latency).

Thanks!
-Alex

ah71...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2018, 2:45:47 PM6/15/18
to Sniper simulator
Specifically, I'd like to know what the operand value is during a load and what the previous value loaded was. I'm assuming this is present somewhere in sniper but my goal is to pass this information to the cache controller so I can update the timing model.

Thanks again,
Alex

Kleber Kruger

Jul 8, 2021, 8:49:04 PM7/8/21
to Sniper simulator
Have you been able to implement a PCM model in Sniper?

Thank you!