Multi-threaded BLAS/LAPACK libraries

Shilpa B

Nov 1, 2019, 12:22:16 PM11/1/19
to Sniper simulator
Hi,

I am using sniper simulator to simulate R programs in a trace-driven mode by storing the sift trace files and replaying back. R execution engine allows to change the backend BLAS and LAPACK libraries for higher performance. When I change the library to either MKL or OpenBLAS (multi-threaded) and run the simulations using record-trace command, I am getting the following error:

[SIFT_RECORDER] sift_writer.cc:109: void Sift::Writer::initResponse(): Assertion `strcmp(m_response_filename, "") != 0' failed.

I have the following questions:

1) Should I set the KnobUserResponseValue to 1 in globals.cc file and run the simulations?
2) Previous threads in the sniper discussion forum indicate that we cannot use trace-driven simulations for multi-threaded programs but only execution driven simulation using ./run-sniper command. But in my case execution driven simulation is taking days together for a very simple R program.
3) Is there any other way to run the simulations?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shilpa

Abdelrahman S. Hussein

Mar 17, 2023, 2:35:04 AM3/17/23
to Sniper simulator
Hello,

Were you able to solve this problem? If yes, how?

Thanks
Message has been deleted