Understanding the SMP architecture

Neelam Sharma

Dec 14, 2020, 5:54:40 AM12/14/20
to snip...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to make the configuration that I am using for my experiments as SMP.

Current topology being used:

image.png

But, it appears to me as if it is not SMP because in the sim.out the file I can observe:

i) High idle time for most of the cores

ii) DRAM access latency to be inf  for the same cores

image.png

image.png

Please confirm if it is SMP architecture?

If not what changes I can make to the above topology to configure it as SMP with two DRAM controllers and a NUCA cache slice with each core.

Command used for sniper:

./run-sniper n 8 -d /results -c gainestown -c nuca-cache -c noc -c prefetcher --roi --viz -/BC  -num_roots 8 ./soc-LiveJournal1.cvgr

Link to the gainestown config file:

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards,
Neelam Sharma
M. Tech., Final yr. (RA)
Electronic Systems
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT BOMBAY

Neelam Sharma

Dec 17, 2020, 4:30:42 AM12/17/20
to snip...@googlegroups.com
Kindly, reply.
Any help is appreciated because this is a critical understanding that I want to have for my simulations.

Thanks and Regards,
Neelam Sharma
M. Tech., Final yr. (RA)
Electronic Systems
Department of Electrical Engineering
IIT BOMBAY

Job

Feb 10, 2023, 4:19:51 AM2/10/23
to Sniper simulator
Hi Neelam,
  The Link to the gainestown config file is broken, can you upload it again?