CDMI Blog

David Slik

Feb 15, 2013, 1:25:46 PM2/15/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Just as a note, I blog weekly about CDMI-related news and resources:

I've also posted a list of which CDMI servers are currently available:

If anyone has requests for tutorials, I've got a few already lined up, but I am open to additional suggestions.

Thanks,

David Slik
NetApp

Taizun

Feb 18, 2013, 11:54:45 AM2/18/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Hello David,
I would want to get access to conformance & performance Tools for CDMI, how can I get access to these tools?
Thanks & Regards
Taizun

David Slik

Feb 18, 2013, 6:05:04 PM2/18/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
We (NetApp) don't have anything available at this time.

If you attend a CDMI plugfest, you can have a third-party CDMI testing program run against your CDMI server.

And the COSBench folks are working on CDMI support for their performance testing tools.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

David Slik
NetApp

Feb 20, 2013, 6:27:41 AM2/20/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com, snia-...@googlegroups.com
I am the cosbench developer, and interested in adding cdmi adaptor.

But a few issues lag my step to enable it:
- some other features are scheduled ahead, and internally, we are working on the process to open source it.
- current cdmi spec doesn't cover how authentication mechanism to interact with it. When I add cdmi adaptor, I may see the adaptor can work with any cdmi server due to broken auth.
- cdmi spec defines non-cdmi and cdmi content type, cdmi content type wraps data in Json structure, which needs some tweaks in current cosbench implementation.

Anyway, I will push cdmi adaptor into cosbench, perhaps before or after open sourced.

Mark borrowed me a time slot on today's TWG, you may attend to have a discussion.

Regards,
-ywang