CRC-16 in ObjectID: input parameter for check=0xBB3D

byte_2702

May 16, 2014, 10:50:54 AM5/16/14
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This isn't a real problem, but I had noticed in the ISO/IEC 17826 "Information Technology - Cloud Data Management Interface" (First edition 2012-11-15 in English) documentation on page 32 some weeks ago that a hint is missing.

The page describes how to build the ObjectID. And it also tells the parameters for the CRC-16 algorithm.
Since I didn't know all CRC-16 algorithms before, it took me a bit to find out that check=0xBB3D is the result for the input String parameter "123456789". Because 0xBB3D was an output for an unknown input for me first.
It took me a while to find that input information ("123456789") at the end of Chapter 12 of http://www.repairfaq.org/filipg/LINK/F_crc_v3.html. ISO/IEC only refers to Chapter 16 here.

Just for info, in case that other have to fight with the same problem sometime.
Sorry if I didn't tell it earlier, but I just remembered it.

Thanks, Jana