CDMI RI 1.0e

byte_2702

Aug 24, 2013, 4:00:00 PM8/24/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

I have a problem. :-)

If I start the CDMI RI below Glassfish, Tomcat or Jetty and if I run the CDMItest.java file, 2 of the 7 test cases don't pass the test.

It's testContainerCreate and testContainerUpdate which don't pass the test. The test tells me in both cases: "Failed: expected:<200> but was:<201>".
200 is OK, 201 is Created. Both responses stand for successful. I have run the test some times, with the same result.

I have tested on two different computers with different hardware:
1st computer: Scientific Linux 6.2, NetBeans IDE 7.2, Maven 3.0.4, Java JDK version: 1.7.0_17 (Sun), tested with Glassfish 3.1.2/Tomcat 7.0.27/Jetty 8.1.9.v20130131
2nd computer: Windows 7 Home Edition, NetBeans IDE 7.2, Maven 3.0.4, Java JDK version: 1.7.0_07 (Sun), tested with Glassfish 3.1.2

The other 5 tests work fine, no error message there. The TestContainer with TestObject get created and deleted and I can see those changes in the data directory below Scientific Linux and Windows and I can see those changes below the webbrowser (Firefox in both cases), too.

Is that problem known or does the problem only affect me? I'm not sure what might have changed.

I can remember that all 7 tests were passed below CDMI RI 1.0d.

Many thanks in advance,
Jana Weschenfelder

byte_2702

Aug 25, 2013, 5:51:55 AM8/25/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Well, I have tested the old CDMI RI 1.0d, and all 7 tests are still passed there.
That means that something must have changed between CDMI RI 1.0d and CDMI RI 1.0e.

Many thanks again,
Jana Weschenfelder
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

byte_2702

Aug 31, 2013, 5:41:58 AM8/31/13
to snia-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, again,

the problem still is not solved for me. Is the problem of the CDMI RI 1.0e known that not all 7 tests are passed or does it only affect me?
I didn't get an answer till now. The support of SNIA seems to be very slow. In my eyes, the HTTP responses are wrong one way or another way.

Has someone a working CDMI RI 1.0e where all 7 tests are passed?

I have downloaded the current CDMI RI 1.0e and it does NOT(!!!) work. See me first post above.
I wait for an answer since 1 week already, an answer would be highly appreciated.

In case that 201 for Create is correct and that the test cases are just wrong, shouldn't be 204 (No content) for Delete as HTTP response then be correct, too? - if I look into the CDMI specification 1.0.2 of ISO/IEC? But in this case, the last two tests would be incorrect then. Either the first two 201 responses are wrong, or the last 200 responses. See attached screenshot. :P

Many thanks!!!

On Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:00:00 PM UTC+2, byte_2702 wrote:
Bildschirmfoto-org.snia - CDMI Server - NetBeans IDE 7.2-1.png