Snarl 3.1 & 4.0 Unresponsive

Steve Bacher

Oct 11, 2016, 2:13:47 PM10/11/16
to Snarl Discussion
I have been using 3.1 for quite a while and it generally works, but when I right-click on the Snarl icon in the system list, it does not seem to be doing anything, but finally shows the context menu.
Selecting Notification Centre, then is very unresponsive. I even tried uninstalling and installing 4.0 Beta. Same thing. Went back to 3.1 and the same.
Running Win7-64 (work PC).
Any ideas?

Chris

Oct 11, 2016, 2:20:09 PM10/11/16
to snarl-...@googlegroups.com

Does seem rather odd - has it just started happening?  Do you have any extensions loaded?  Try launching without extensions - I need to refresh my memory but I think if you hold down the "E" key while launching Snarl, it'll not load extensions that one time only.

I'm not sure if you know, but R5.0 is in alpha and is a complete rewrite in C#.  It's not quite as functional as 3.1 or 4.0, but it might do enough for what you need...

Chris
full phat products

Chris

Jan 22, 2017, 4:45:46 PM1/22/17
to Snarl Discussion
Hi

Sorry for the delay replying - please try Snarl 5.0 Beta 1, you should find this a lot better!