blink(1) integration

Chris Zindrick

Aug 18, 2015, 1:32:05 PM8/18/15
to Snarl Discussion
Good afternoon! I did the tutorlal for the caps lock test and that worked awesome. However at my work we use a softphone for communication.
I am curious if there is a way to set a notification to setup when a particular wav or mp3 plays.
Also would be interested in when setting AudioMon to monitor for total system volume if it could dimm and brighten based on sound level and then turn off the light once it is complete
Maybe I am asking to much, just not sure of the settings for the "Apply only when..." section what I could/should use.

Thanks!
Chris

Chris

Aug 21, 2015, 5:33:50 PM8/21/15
to snarl-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chris

I'll need to check on Audiomon but the Windows 7 version does send standard Windows messages to Snarl when the volume changes; I just can't remember how it decides which window represents Snarl.  It might be possible to hook messages coming from AudioMon.

Detecting when a sound is played - I'm not sure about this.  It'd be better if the Softphone you use has an API you can attach to, or - again - somehow sends a notification to the system in parallel with playing the sound.  What product do you use?

Chris
full phat products

Chris Zindrick

Aug 25, 2015, 1:42:01 PM8/25/15