Snarl-4.0-beta-7-setup.exe

Robert Hopkins

Feb 28, 2016, 2:43:44 PM2/28/16
to Snarl Discussion
Hello,
I noticed that there is a Snarl-4.0-beta-7-setup in source forge, however avast is telling me it has a malware infection FileGenMapper or something like that.

I just wanted to verify that this was posted by the developer (since 4.0 beta 6 seems to be skipped) and if this is a false positive

Thanks!

Chris

Feb 28, 2016, 4:07:54 PM2/28/16
to snarl-...@googlegroups.com

I've checked it against Malwarebytes and McAfee and its fine, but feel free to submit it to Avast for their review.

Thanks

Chris
full phat products

Robert Hopkins

Feb 28, 2016, 6:10:02 PM2/28/16
to Snarl Discussion
I figured it was a false positive - Thanks!!

Rusty Sand

Mar 4, 2016, 2:02:38 AM3/4/16
to Snarl Discussion
I got a similar hit from Avast on this & also assumed it was a false positive.  I installed it over the weekend & everything was ok until today.  I started getting weird ads in Chrome today (same ads on every site in a huge toolbar on the right side).  I found DNS Unlocker installed on my system.  I'm not positive DNS Unlocker came from the Snarl 4 beta 7 install, but I don't recall installing anything else recently.

Chris

Mar 4, 2016, 2:18:54 AM3/4/16
to snarl-...@googlegroups.com

Can you send me an md5 of your beta 7 installer?

Where did you download it from?

Can you submit the exe to Avast for review?

Thanks

Chris
full phat products
Twitter: @snarlhappens

Robert Hopkins

Mar 4, 2016, 7:45:13 AM3/4/16
to snarl-...@googlegroups.com
The MD5 for my installer matched what was posted on Sourceforge, and i have not seen any unusual behavior - but i will run a scan to see if i get any hits

Here is the MD5 that i pulled from my installer: 7A77A74C941000F52FB88F31CF0C8507 using MD5 check.

and the one on Sourceforge is also: