TypeError at /forum/rpc/action/ rpc_censor() keywords must be strings

Peter Sheats

Jan 18, 2008, 4:49:13 PM1/18/08
to snapboard-discuss
Hello,

Just started using the snapboard-discuss app in our project and ran
into the error:
"TypeError at /forum/rpc/action/ rpc_censor() keywords must be
strings" ever time i tried one of the rpc functions (csticky, gsticky,
etc)

We're running on the Django trunk.

Not sure of any of the details but just wanted to let you all know
that if you change line 151 in views.py from:
oclass_str = request.POST['oclass'].lower()
to:
oclass_str = str(request.POST['oclass'].lower())
it will fix the problem.

Hope that helps ya'll. I think the app is great btw - just what we
needed.

Peter

Bo

Jan 28, 2008, 4:41:32 PM1/28/08
to snapboard-discuss
Peter, what version of Django are you running? Is it a pre-unicode
version?

Peter Sheats

Jan 28, 2008, 5:00:26 PM1/28/08
to snapboar...@googlegroups.com
Using trunk Bo.

Bo Shi

Jan 28, 2008, 5:10:45 PM1/28/08
to snapboar...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Looks like this broke when the unicode branch was merged in. I
checked in your suggested fix.

Django templated auto-escape strings now, so some of the markup was
broken. This has also been fixed and checked in.

Thanks Peter.

Bo

--
Bo Shi