[snakebite] Is snakebite still biting?

Glyph Lefkowitz

Aug 1, 2009, 1:47:58 AM8/1/09
to gen...@lists.snakebite.org
I haven't heard anything about snakebite recently.

Is the project still going?  What's the status?

Trent Nelson

Aug 4, 2009, 7:51:23 PM8/4/09
to Glyph Lefkowitz, gen...@lists.snakebite.org
On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 01:47:58AM -0400, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> I haven't heard anything about snakebite recently.
>
> Is the project still going? What's the status?

Hey Glyph. Yeah, Snakebite is still biting, at least in the sense
that having your eighty year old toothless grandmother trying to
gnaw her way through your forearm with nothing but her gums could
be considered biting.

It's been a pretty tumultuous few months. Hardware issues, power
and temperature have been kicking us down every time we make some
progress.

I've stopped trying to provide estimates as to when it'll be ready;
there are so many variables out of my control that inevitably lead
to things taking longer than desired, which was stressing me out.

So, the official party line now is, yes, I'm still working on it,
yes, we're making progress, and uh, yeah, it'll be ready when it's
ready ;-)

For those that are frustrated with all the delays and just want to
log on and get coding, I can certainly sympathise. I believe Titus
was able to interject some of my Snakebite OSCON slides in his pres-
entation at PyOhio a few weeks ago, so for those interested in hear-
ing about all the problems we've been running into, take a squizz at
http://carlfk.blip.tv/file/2406079/.

Keep tuned! This list will be the first place to hear about notable
project updates.

Regards,

Trent.