Can i use snabb for accepting Restfull API requests on a Server.

Kathiresh Nadar

Dec 22, 2016, 12:15:48 AM12/22/16
to Snabb Switch development
Hi,

Currently we are using Nginx to get a throughout of around 1000 requests per second per server in a load balancer. Where each API request has a payload of 60kb size.

Can i use Snabb for getting even better performance than Nginx. How can i achieve it.

Regards.
Kathiresh

Katerina Barone-Adesi

Dec 30, 2016, 7:07:59 AM12/30/16
to snabb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathiresh,

I suppose you could in theory, but Snabb is probably the wrong tool
for the job. Snabb is aimed at being very fast at low level
operations, and a good way to write software that deals with
individual packets. It doesn't include things like a TCP stack, much
less HTTP support. You'd have to write or cobble together that, which
is unlikely to be the best solution to your problem.

Best regards,
Kat