Summer Classical Improvisation Workshop

Johnandrew Slominski

Feb 7, 2018, 6:32:35 PM2/7/18
to SMT Interest Group on Improvisation
Dear Friends,

I am pleased to announce the 2018 meeting of Classical Music on the Spot: eighteenth-century keyboard improvisation workshop.

The weeklong workshop enables participants to develop their improvisation skills and deepen their understanding of the galant and high classical styles.  Our approach draws together historical approaches including figured bass treatises, Italian partimento, and modern research including Robert Gjerdingen’s galant schemata.  Analysis and listening activities complement our practical improvisation work, and daily seminar topics include historical performance practice, musicological research, historical instruments, rhetoric, and more.

The institute is ideal for pianists, historical keyboard players, musicologists, theorists, eighteenth-century music buffs, and anyone who has always wanted to improvise.  Join faculty Johnandrew Slominski and Edoardo Bellotti and special guests this summer in beautiful McMinnville, Oregon, for what promises to be a nourishing musical and intellectual journey for all.

Best wishes,

Johnandrew

_______________________
Dr. Johnandrew Slominski
Assistant Professor, Piano & Theory
Linfield College
linfield.edu/music
johnandrewslominski.com

2018 4x6 Improvisation Flyer.jpg

Johnandrew Slominski

Apr 11, 2018, 4:44:10 PM4/11/18
to SMT Interest Group on Improvisation
Dear All,

Just a friendly reminder here that three weeks remain until applications close for Classical Music on the Spot.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best wishes,

Johnandrew Slominski