SMT Meeting Details

andrewj...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2020, 11:11:57 AM10/25/20
to SMT Interest Group on Improvisation
Dear SMT IG on Improvisation,

Short version of this email:
  • Please prepare a question for the authors for our meeting.
  • Let us know if you're interested in the vice chair position.

Long version of this email:

At SMT, we will meet on Saturday, Nov. 7, from 2pm–3pm (in the "Orange Room"). As a reminder, we will be discussing two books:

Gooley, D. (2018). Fantasies of Improvisation: Free Playing in Nineteenth-Century Music. New York: Oxford University Press.

Lewis, E. (2019). Intents and Purposes: Philosophy and the Aesthetics of Improvisation. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.

We are thrilled that both Dana Gooley and Eric Lewis will be joining us on Zoom for the discussion. Gilad Rabinovitch and I will moderate the discussion, and we are preparing several topics to discuss, but we also ask that you prepare a question for the authors (if you have time ahead of the conference).

We will devote the last 10 minutes of our meeting to business (i.e., electing a vice-chair as I will be rotating to the chair position, and AOB). Please let us know if you are interested in the vice-chair position.

See you soon!

Best, and with thanks,
Andrew Goldman