SMT 2021 Interest Group on Improvisation Meeting

sean.r....@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2021, 3:51:14 PM10/31/21
to SMT Interest Group on Improvisation
Dear SMT IG on Improvisation,

With apologies for cross posting:

The SMT Interest Group on Improvisation will hold its annual meeting on Saturday November 6, from 9:30am – 10:45am E.T.  In our meeting, we will host an open discussion on improvisation studies’ place with regard to music theory’s white racial frame. Following a brief introduction and prepared comments from Andrew Malilay White, Benjamin Stein, Sean Smither, and Andrew Goldman, we will open the floor for responses and further discussion from our attendees on improvisation studies’ own systemic biases, and its position to contribute to reform within the broader field.

For more information, please see our website: https://sites.google.com/site/smtimprovisation/smt-2021-ig-meeting

We hope you are able to join us.

Best,

Andrew Goldman, Chair