SMT 2023 Improvisation Interest Group Meeting

sean.r....@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2023, 3:10:13 PM6/29/23
to SMT Improvisation Interest Group
Dear members of the SMT Improvisation Interest Group,

At our upcoming meeting at SMT 2023 in Denver, CO this November, we will discuss Leslie Tilley's recent book, Making It Up Together: The Art of Collective Improvisation in Balinese Music and Beyond (University of Chicago Press, 2019), which won the 2022 SMT Emerging Scholar award. Our meeting will focus on a discussion of Chapters 1 and 4 of the book.

We encourage attendees to add the book to their reading list and to bring questions and comments with them to the meeting. More details about the meeting, including date and time, will become available soon.

Best wishes,

Sean Smither (chair) and Andrew Malilay White (vice-chair)
SMT Improvisation Interest Group