meeting @ SMT 2013 | call for projects

Paul Steinbeck

Aug 22, 2013, 12:05:39 PM8/22/13
to SMT Improvisation
Dear all--

The Interest Group on Improvisation will hold its third annual meeting at the upcoming SMT conference in Charlotte. The meeting will take place on Saturday 2 November from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.

At the meeting, we will address the usual business matters: reports on recent activities, officer elections, etc. But our most important task will be to plan future projects, especially improvisation-centered sessions at SMT/AMS 2014.

To that end, I ask any SMT Improvisation member with an idea for a future conference session to give a brief presentation at the 2 November meeting. If your idea is thoroughly developed, you may choose to draft an abstract that will serve as the basis for your presentation. If your idea is still in formation, a more collaborative approach may be appropriate.

Please email me (paul.st...@gmail.com) at your convenience--but no later than the last week of October--if you want to present on 2 November. You can also send a message to the entire group if you prefer.

Looking forward to Charlotte--

Paul Steinbeck
Assistant Professor of Music Theory
Washington University in St. Louis