HC@AIxIA: AI&Health Seminar Series (2024) - JUNE 17

1 view

francesco...@unical.it

Jun 11, 2024, 7:02:19 AMJun 11
to SMT-announce
Dear Madam/Sir,

This is to officially announce the FIFTH seminar of the "AI & Health" series as hosted by HC@AIxIA, i.e., the "Artificial Intelligence for Healthcare" working group of the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence. Save the date: 17 JUNE 2024.

We hope you will attend and participate in the discussion on the relevant topics that will be presented and by our speakers.
Feel free to share this with those potentially interested.

Please find some details below, and a poster attached. All directions for participating are available at https://aixia.it/en/gruppi/hc/.

== Are you interested in Joining the group? ==
Please head to https://aixia.it/en/gruppi/hc/ fo find out how. Do not hesitate to contact us at hc-a...@googlegroups.com for any information or clarification.

Thank you for your interest in the AI & Health seminar series and the HC@AIxIA working group, and see you soon!

Sincerely,
Francesco Calimeri, Mauro Dragoni, Fabio Stella
(coordinators of the HC@AIxIA working group)

== June 2024 seminar ==

2024 June 17 - 4:30PM CET
Luca Neri
Senior Director, GMO Data Science Lead - Clinical Advanced Analytics – AP, LATAM, EMEA region, Fresenius Medical Care Italia S.p.A.

Title:  AI in medicine: from the conceptualization to its clinical application. Opportunities & Challenges

Abstract: The path from brilliant ideas to their concrete embodiment into a working application it’s a fascinating (and sometimes exhausting) journey of opportunities and challenges. We will provide an overview of why medicine needs AI. We will further explore the challenges we encounter throughout the development cycle and how we have tried to overcome them. From demand analysis, to model development, through the hurdles of current global regulatory landscape, market access and health-technology assessment, we will discover that a model in medicine is not just a model. It means encoding medical knowledge in a way that is legally usable (and desirable) by doctors, nurses and patients in a highly regulated sector.

Short Bio: Dr Neri earned his MD and PhD degree in Occupational & Environmental Medicine at the School of Medicine of the University of Milan. He joined the Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research (SLUCOR - St. Louis, MO, USA) as an epidemiologist and outcomes research scientist in 2005 and served as Adjunct Instructor of Health Management and Policy at the same institution until 2013. In January 2010 he also joined the Department of Clinical Science and Community Health of the University of Milan, his hometown. His research interests spanned across multiple therapeutic areas. He collaborated with academic and commercial partners in developing new research, devising methods for answering investigative questions and solving research design problems. He authored over 90 original papers in international, peer reviewed scientific journals in the field of outcomes research and epidemiology. He joined Fresenius as a data scientist in 2016 and he now leads the Data Science Division in the Clinical Advanced Analytic team for the Global Medical Office for the EMEA, LATAM, APAC regions. The Data Science team develops AI-tools assisting healthcare professionals undertaking complex decisions in their day-to-day work activity.

HC@AIxIA - Seminars AI & Health 2024 - Locandina 06.png