Any HTC Desire users with "Mark Read" on close turned on ?

nwpsys

Jul 5, 2010, 9:33:32 AM7/5/10
to SMS Popup for Android
Even though I have got Notifications turned off in the HTC messages
app, and have Mark Read selected, the shortcut icon for messages on my
home screen still shows an unread count when I close the text in SMS
Popup.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour or aware of a fix ?

Can confirm there is nothing at all showing in the notification area.

Thanks,

Nige

Adam K

Jul 12, 2010, 4:26:01 PM7/12/10
to SMS Popup for Android
Hi Nige,

Yes this is a known issue with the home screen icon on phones that run
HTC Sense UI: http://goo.gl/2Rdg

No known workaround right now other than to use a different home
screen icon (3rd party home screen icon). Unfortunately HTC does not
provide any hooks to update their home screen counter.

Adam

nwpsys

Jul 13, 2010, 7:05:58 AM7/13/10
to SMS Popup for Android
Thanks for the reply, Adam.

I managed to find the entry in the FAQ after I made my post. Oops,
sorry.

Any recommendations for a 3rd party home screen icon that updates
correctly ?

Adam K

Aug 2, 2010, 4:34:38 PM8/2/10
to SMS Popup for Android
Oops, sorry for the slow reply. The only one I've tried is this one:
http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.kanokgems.smswidget

It seemed to update fine when used with SMS Popup or other sms apps.

Adam

nwpsys

Aug 5, 2010, 2:15:37 AM8/5/10
to SMS Popup for Android
Excellent recommendation. This works a treat. Many thanks.